Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving For A Wedding

Options
  • 09-02-2011 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi, I am from the north but having the wedding reception in the south. We are unsure what to do about the euro and whether its better to buy some every now and again or wait it out for a really good rate (which could go the other way). We were also thinking of opening a bank account and paying into it regularly to save the money and maybe counteract any negative fluctuations in the exchange rate.

Any ideas on what's the best thing to do in this scenario? Also if i open an account in the south what do i need?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 marywary

Its probably a good idea to open some sort of a savings account in the south to save for your wedding I think. To open an account, you can do this by calling to a branch/Bank of your choice. They will look for photo id and one proof of address eg. current bank statement from your Bank in the north. You can also open an account by post but in this case you would need to provide certified copies of your passports, also bank statements and second form of proof of address. It would be a good idea to ring the Bank/Branch of your choice to check what they need in order to open the account and to see what types of accounts are available. Presumably you will prefer a deposit account which will attract interest. Also as your wedding is taking place in the south, you will probably receive cash/cheques as gifts in euros and it will be handy to be able to lodge them straight to a/c here.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

If opening an interest bearing account, you will also be asked for Tax Identification Number

Advertisement