Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wedding Advise

• 08-02-2011 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Okay, now that I am getting the hang of this website. I have a few more questions, and I am going to break them down.

We have the church, hotel all but booked.

I would be SO grateful if you had advise on the following........

Band: Ten years ago, I'd have no doubt what band I wanted, but that scene has changed. I want a good fun, good mix (traditional-siege of ennis job, country for the older folks and more recent for the younger) and well able to get the crowd going kind of band.

Weddings Dresses: I obviously want to look amazing. But it is not sitting with me to pay BIG MONEY. I am almost tempted to go second hand. I'm in the Galway area.

Wedding Invitations: Again, don't see the point in spending a fortune on these. I know where the ones I've received have ended up....

Hair/Make-Up: I would really love on the day to have the hairdresser and make up artist come to my house. I have googled again. But would love recommendations.

Videographer: Again, googled, they all look the same. Want something cheap and cheerful, if any recommendations.. all welcome.

The rest, are the boys suits, cake and the wedding car. But I'm hoping that will come together without breaking the bank. But if your not tired from all the other questions, I'd love some advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

I can pm you details if you need info in the Galway area?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Try www.sellmyweddingdress.net for secondhand dresses. They also have a Galway collection so that might be helpful.

Some bands in the Galway area- Kif, Pyramid or Face Value.

See www.churchmusic.ie for local singers etc.

Good luck with the planning!!

Advertisement