Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John and edward grimes

Options
  • 08-02-2011 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

I feel sorry for those two silly kids going to the eurovision this year because everybody is going to be telling them that they are going to win, that their kind of act/music is what wins eurovision these days, then when the time comes they will come last, it will be donna and joe mccaul all over again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Have you seen those dopes on Nevermind the Buzzcocks? They don't have a clue what's going on. You could set fire to their shoes without it registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Tapes wrote: »
    I feel sorry for those two silly kids going to the eurovision this year because everybody is going to be telling them that they are going to win, that their kind of act/music is what wins eurovision these days, then when the time comes they will come last, it will be donna and joe mccaul all over again.

god

i didn't think anyone takes the eurovision seriously any more...

:eek:

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,993 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The Eurovision Face-palm Contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JeanPierre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I can't wait to see what happeneds it should be interesting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

We cant afford to hold the eurovision so let them win and represent us *cant be much worse than Dustin* and we wont win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I thought they weren't going as their song was leaked and that was against RTE rules?!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Today FM played clips of all 5 songs this morning on the Ian Dempsey show.

I can report that they are all sh*ite

• Registered Users Posts: 23,993 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

temply wrote: »
    Today FM played clips of all 5 songs this morning on the Ian Dempsey show.

I can report that they are all sh*ite

At least they're consistent. As it's usually a sh1te one that wins it, our sh1te might be in with a chance, like on previous occasions when Ireland won it.

Some of these high-brow song-writers take it, and themselves, all too seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

"Grimes against the entertainment industry"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Luveen

Brilliant!!! Actually looking forward to watching the Eurovision this year, energetic, fun and not taking it so bleedn' serious, ya can never say that for any other act that represented Ireland!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

‎'Ireland, no points.'
    'Irshka, bash bodova.'
    'Again, Ireland - no points.'
    'Irlandia, nurda proken.'
    'Ireland, n-nothing there again.'
    ...'Irlande, nil punten.'
    'Ireland, no points.'
    'Irlinia, nurda purda.'
    'That means nothing.'
    'Irlenski, nurte point lete.'

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

It's a farce of a "contest", so sending in Terrance and Phillip to represent Ireland is quite apt....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gaco89

I actually think they'll do quite well. They'll make it through the semis anyway. I wouldn't ever consider buying one of thier songs or listening to them on my ipod or anything but I am one of those who does think they're the type of act that will do well in the eurovision. They won fair and square anyway so good luck to them. I for one will be supporting them as they're representing Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 KiikiiDee

ejmaztec wrote: »
    At least they're consistent. As it's usually a sh1te one that wins it, our sh1te might be in with a chance, like on previous occasions when Ireland won it.

Some of these high-brow song-writers take it, and themselves, all too seriously.

Exactly. like their song is like the type of songs all those random countries vote for. :) i think they act do have a good chance. :):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

its a good little pop tune, could do well. defo get out of the semi's i think, i hope they do well. best song won it. the rest were forgetable within seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭GirlsAloud

We are so gonna win.. <3 xxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tapes

Well they did better than i thought, Our best result since 2006 but i was right people started to go ott saying they were going to win, Ryan tubridy and mary Black on friday nights late late show saying it was like italia 90 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Tapes wrote: »
    Well they did better than i thought, Our best result since 2006 but i was right people started to go ott saying they were going to win, Ryan tubridy and mary Black on friday nights late late show saying it was like italia 90 again.

I think its actually our best since 1997. In '97 we got 157 points, and we have not broken the 100-point mark since then until last night.

I think they did really well! Better than our previous entries for the past 13 years!

Advertisement