Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registering to vote for general election. (What to do?)

Options
  • 08-02-2011 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭

Just spotted on Aertel that this is the last day to register to vote in the general election. There is one dilemma for me, having printed out the appropriate form, filled it in with just a matter of getting it signed by a Garda, I have to hand deliver it to Leitrim County Council which I presume is in Carrick-On-Shannon. The problem being I live 40 km from Carrick in Kinlough and I do not have a car, does each town in Leitrim have their own County Council office, if this were the case I would sort this straight away, but if I have to travel 40 km, **** it then, will have lost my right to vote. Have checked with the registerandvote.ie website and my address is not recognised.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,276 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thanks for replying Victor, but I have probably left it a bit late at this stage as Manorhamilton is still 15 km away from me and the offices probably shut about 4.30 Id say.

Got it sorted in the end, Leitrim County Council phoned me up and told me I could fax it, so went down to the local Garda station, handed it in the Garda signed it and faxed it for me so managed to register in the end.

It turns out it was the wrong form they had available to download and print, so now I cant vote for this election, this was from the Leitrim County Council website, what a mess, all you could do was print off this RFA1 form which is pretty useless.

Advertisement