Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who out of this selection, will you miss when they retire for good...

Options
  • 08-02-2011 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭

All of these guys quite a few people would have grown up watching when they were getting into this fake fighting lark.

I actually don't know, who I would miss the most right now. Edge has been a favorite for years but recently I have got a little bored of him. I'l actually have to have a little think myself. :o

I thought about adding Christian and The Hardy's but I reckon they will be around for a longer than most in my poll.

Who will you miss the most when they quit? 50 votes

Edge
    0% 0 votes
    Taker
    8% 4 votes
    HHH
    28% 14 votes
    Rey
    16% 8 votes
    Jericho
    6% 3 votes
    Kane
    38% 19 votes
    Kurt Angle
    4% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

HHH, every week I miss him from TV. If he was on Smackdown it would give it a massive massive boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I went with Angle but I easily could've ended up going with Mysterio - they're the two best in the world in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I ticked Jericho, which was probably a poor choice given the fact he has been out of the game for 3+ of the last 6 years. But having watched his documentary lately, the guy really is a rare talent and literally went all round the world learning his trade before hitting the WWE. There is an awful lot young wrestlers could learn from him.

Plus while he is around, even if lingering, we are always not far away from a good feud with some excellent matches thrown in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Definitely Kurt,I'd miss Jericho and Edge almost as much but I'd miss Kurt and his matches the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I went for Jericho even though Punk is doing great on Raw it is still lacking the type of heel character Jericho was (Orton or Miz just cant pull it off imo) and even as a face he was very enjoyable to watch. I do hope he returns again and gets another title reign. I wouldnt mind seeing another Jericho/HHH feud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rey. Never gets the credit he deserves for what he has done in the business against all the odds really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I picked Taker and thus far im the only one, I just feel that he is very different from all the others and i cannot imagine another character/gimmick like his being anywhere near as succesfull in the future given the modern times we now live in. Not to say i think there will be another Angle or HHH or whoever but there will be future stars more similar to filling their void than that of the deadman, for example someone has already aluded to Punk filling Jerichos rather ample shoes atm.

I really rate Jericho highly but also agree his semi activity in recent years would mean his loss might not be as major as it almost deserves to be considerd and sadly I already miss Angle cos I dont watch TNA

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭Degag

Taker. He's the reason i watch wrestling really. When he does retire, i won't have half the interest i currently do in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I said Angle as I think the others have done pretty much everything they need to do whereas I think Kurt could still do a lot more in the WWE. If Kurt retired I'd be saddened as I'd like him to have one last run in the company before he bows out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I tried to pick HHH and Jericho. But could only pick one. HHH is another one I will miss. Himself and Y2J are the only older wrestlers there that I actually give a ****e about, so it will be unfortunate not seeing them on tv.

I will seriously miss Jericho. 2am is a lot later in his absence.

That article on the rock, where he finally confirmed never wrestling again was hard reading, as was Austins Hall of fame moment at WM, not to mention Shawn's farewell. It really is an end of an era and in my opinion, the greatest era in PW, and its strange seeing the best of the best hanging up the ol boots for good.

Even more sad when you look at the current crop of gob****es coming in to replace them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I went with Hunter.

When i was growing up he was THE heel. Feuds against mankind (where he proceeded to fire him), against the rock, against austin, against taker, he played the heel brilliantly and got the most amount of heat off me.

He was the big bully who you wanted to see get beat, and because he was so big and built, it made it that bit more of a big deal.

It was a tough decision, but the reason why i didnt pick the other ones is:
    Edge: He was good in his earlier years, but lately he has become kinda meh.
    Taker:: I think how he is away for the majority of the year these days means that when he does eventually walk away, it wont make a whole lot of difference. Sure mania wont be the same, but thats all he seems to have going at the moment.
    Rey:To me, rey is nothing to what he used to be like. In the sense of when he was rey mysterio JR. And he isnt getting any younger. So when he does finally walk away, it wont matter to me all that much.
    Jerocho:It will be tough to see jericho walk away, but he is such a guy who i dont think he could ever say to himself "im done".

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

taker....for the one simple reason hes my fav since day one, first ppv i ever saw was the survivor series where he won the belt off hogan......and i dont think that any other new "superstar" could or ever will again maintain that or any character for over 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

'Taker for me. As pointed out already he is a one-of-a-kind character that spanned eras and is unlikely to be replicated for some time. His WrestleMania matches of the past few years have had a truly "big-time" feel that I don't think any of the other guys consistently achieved.

I don't get all the Jericho love. I loved him in WCW and in his initial WWE run, and he has had his moments over the last few years too but I feel he gets very repetitive and boring on the mic and although he has had some classic matches I find he is often sloppy and doesn't carry less-skilled opponents to good matches.

Obviously 'Taker has plenty flaws as well but he is a legend so I guess I tend to forget all the dross and remember the classic moments!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I went with Kurt Angle but also would have liked to pick Taker just because how legendary he is.
    Angle is one of the finest wrestlers I've ever had the pleasure to watch, I totally thought his stint in the MEM was brilliant he's a great heel.
    His three I's intellegence, integrity, intensity was a brilliant work back in the day he's just a top wrestler....Kurt Angle love-in over!!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

undertaker no way that guy bores me soo much get 2 the ring quickly u idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

Voted Kane in the hope of starting a great thread

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

Bubs102 wrote: »
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055808555

Thats the Kane thread.

Myself I went for the angle, simply because I think he is one of the best around, even today he still has the ability to put on a good match even with his injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Undertaker, no doubt about it, there's something special about him. But I a huge Taker fan and I believe wrestling won't be the same without him. At least for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i dont think i'd miss any of them to be honest, if it were 10 years ago, i'd probably miss them all, except mysterio, they've all done everything that can be done in the wwe and nothing of note in the last 3 years. but if i have to choose i'll go for kurt angle cos he's still capable of top notch matches even if they are wasted on TNA television

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Angle for me. He gives me what I view as Match of the Year matches every year. With Benoit gone, Angle's my go-to guy for amazing matches; I know Danielson's coming up but Angle's the total package.

The rest have had an amazing long run and plenty of time on TV or have been out for a while being injured so i won't be too upset.

HHH i can't wait to retire so he can boot Vince out and start fixing WWE's problems. As a guy who eats, sleeps and breathes wrestling, who completely gets wrestling, and knows what happens backstage and on-screen, I know he'll do a great job...as long as he doesn't have a personal agenda about what happens onscreen!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

i dont think i'd miss any of them to be honest, if it were 10 years ago, i'd probably miss them all, except mysterio, they've all done everything that can be done in the wwe and nothing of note in the last 3 years. but if i have to choose i'll go for kurt angle cos he's still capable of top notch matches even if they are wasted on TNA television

Why not Mysterio? He is/was an amazing in-ring performer. Granted he is booked in an annoying manner now, but he is still a great worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Angle all the way.
    Wrestling wont be the same with taker but I miss proper matches a'la angle/Benoit/Jericho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bubs102 wrote: »

A great thread about Kane? Well I never!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭Ridley

Jericho of the list. Although I was a bit indifferent to him during his 2002 - 2005 run.

I've missed Triple H since his first quad tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

I picked Angle he put on some outstanding matches throughout the years, his three I's, his feud with Vince, his got milk days, his matches with Lesnar I really missed him when he left the WWE

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Edge I would miss.

HHH is out at the mo and not missed, Jericho is on another break, taker is always missing, Kane is boring, Angle Retired to me when he left wwe and turned up in TNA a few weeks later, Rey is great to be the other guy in a feud but not the main man.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kane.

No matter what, he has remained my favourite wrestler, and was one of the big reasons I got into watching wrestling in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Wheres the Cena button???

:o

(gets coat)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Wheres the Cena button???

:o

(gets coat)

Like the WWE will ever let Cena retire :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Rey because he is a quality entertainer.

Taker - kane feud has gone stale, they really need to freshen it up.

That said I would miss everyone off that list, with Kane being the least missed of all of them.

Advertisement