Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How not to rob a shop

Options
  • 08-02-2011 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Exclusive footage capturing the moment 6 robbers attempt a smash and grab raid at a jewellery shop in Northampton - only to be stopped by a pensioner fending them off with her handbag. The six robbers on mopeds smashed the shop windows with sledgehammers at 9:30 this morning.

http://www.itv.com/anglia/armed-robbery-footage07521/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Are you in England/NI? It won't let me view the video as I'm not in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Got a lend of a proxy server there Stevey boy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Crap... I forgot I'm on a UK IP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

For those of us not on UK proxys:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Love how after the granny has sent them packing after charging over swinging like a windmill, that the rest of the crowd of onlookers charge after them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

If you watch for her in the background, it's absolutely hilarious how far she ran to attack them. She was like Batman or something.

yimrsg wrote: »
    Love how after the granny has sent them packing after charging over swinging like a windmill, that the rest of the crowd of onlookers charge after them.

Tbf o them, I don't think I'd get involved first either, it's not exactly cowardly by them, it's just incredibly brave of her. Also they did manage to catch one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Tbf o them, I don't think I'd get involved first either, it's not exactly cowardly by them, it's just incredibly brave of her. Also they did manage to catch one of them.

Yeah they would probably be more reluctant to attack her back than any of the other onlookers.

Watching it again, I think that they might actually have ran away because the shutters started to come down, making the robbery attempt impossible, rather than because of the fury of the little old lady's attack.

Either way, she's an absolute legend, and they look like some bunch of gobshi***s.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

So Supergran really does exist then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

they haven't much experience-those robbers

they should come over here and train with some scumbags:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I suppose they were expecting a quick smash and grab and didnt intend on being there that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

If you watch for her in the background, it's absolutely hilarious how far she ran to attack them. She was like Batgran or something.

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I believe the reason people ran up was because he tried to retaliate against the granny, and everyone said, feck that and shouted and jumped on the lad, he seemed to get a few kicks by one fella before realising the entrie street was decending on him and decided to co-operate.

That lady deserves a medal for her bravery. The world would be a better place if more people had as little tolerance for little fu*kers like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Since that video isn't working any more.

Advertisement