Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me find this bike....

Options
  • 08-02-2011 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi am hoping all you wonderful boardsies can help me:

My week old bike was stolen from my apartment block (securely locked) in December. It's a Lapierre 300, please see pic below.
    In January in was advertised on an irish website from a user who was also selling laptops, flatscreen tv's and psp's without chargers (ovbiously stolen goods)

I contacted the Gardai who were very interested and very helpful and we set up a meeting to 'purchase' the bike. However, I believe the seller sussed what was going on - he was very cautious and has now marked the bike as sold.

Anyway the bike was stolen in the Dublin 8 area and the listed seller lived in the Crumlin / Drimnagh area. The meeting place for the swap was Griffith College where he says he studies (I dont believe that, but do think he must live somewhere in the vicinity).

I realise the chances of getting the bike back now are very small but I want to make it as difficult as possible for the thief to offload the bike.

If anyone sees it, or sees it advertised Id appreciate a PM

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336c87bc8599c8dae7eaae85131add0698a.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Same area as where RAAMs OH had her bike taken?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

You're not really giving the boardsies here much to go on. There will be other Lapierre 300s about and they can't all be your one so you ought to be more specific about the details concerning your bike. Size? Did you swap out any of the components that came with your model? Any unique and defining marks/features?
    findmybike wrote: »
    The meeting place for the swap was Griffith College where he says he studies (I dont believe that, but do think he must live somewhere in the vicinity)
    I'll check with my magic 8 ball and get back to you on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 findmybike

Lemag wrote: »
    You're not really giving the boardsies here much to go on. There will be other Lapierre 300s about and they can't all be your one so you ought to be more specific about the details concerning your bike. Size? Did you swap out any of the components that came with your model? Any unique and defining marks/features?I'll check with my magic 8 ball and get back to you on that one.

There were a couple of things that were changed about the bike but I dont want to give too much information as the theif could remove some of the add ons. It was a brand new never used bike, last of the 2010 models so it would be rare to see one in perfect condition.

Regarding Griffith College, if the thief was prepared to sell it on the day then it had to be nearby. And frankly there is no need to be rude, I'm asking for anyone who might just have seem something, I realise it's a longshot and appreciate any help.

Same area as where RAAMs OH had her bike taken?

I think her's was taken from Harcourt Street? I'm Inchicore. Secure apartment complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭happytramp

Na, I saw the guy who nicked her bike down near Griffith College. Same guy? who knows! Still can't believe nobody asked the security guard there if he recognised the guy from the picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

findmybike wrote: »
    There were a couple of things that were changed about the bike but I dont want to give too much information as the theif could remove some of the add ons.
    The size of the bike is something which the thief cannot change so you should divulge this much at least to avoid confusion between your bike and every other Lapierre 300 out there. Good luck with the search.

Its 56cm frame – model 71056
    It has a rear Velocity pannier rack (black) and added Raceblade mudguards.

Cheers

Advertisement