Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet speed in Blackrock, Co Louth

Options
  • 08-02-2011 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey everyone
    Hoping for some help here.
    I want to know the highest speed that anyone in Blackrock ( Dundalk )
    can get?
    I am getting 2.5mbs at most at the moment and its not good enough as i
    play online a lot.
    I'm told that my line has not been updated yet and that as soon as it is i will be upgraded to the highest package i can take. Does anyone know is this true or just bull?
    I am pretty sure that i was getting up on 4.5mbs download speed a few years ago but was away for a year and when i got back i changed to Vodafone and this happened.
    Please any help or anything will be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

As soon as your local exchange is upgraded to (supposed) "Next Generation Broadband", then you'll be upgraded to 8mb for the same price. Although it really does depend on the capabilities of your line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

sduff05 wrote: »
    Hey everyone
    Hoping for some help here.
    I want to know the highest speed that anyone in Blackrock ( Dundalk )
    can get?
    I am getting 2.5mbs at most at the moment and its not good enough as i
    play online a lot.
    First off what package are you on and yes you should be able to get more than 2.5mb, up to 6mb at least.

Ask over here in the Vodafone section to get it looked at: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sduff05

I forget now but the package were on is something like a 3meg one.
    I asked would we be able to move up to the 4meg connection but he ( the vodafone tech guy ) said it would make the line unstable which i think sounds like B***.
    Thanks for the replies i will see can i get any help in the Vodafone forum.
    If anyone from Blackrock come across this though i would love to hear what speed your getting thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Log on to the modem and check your line stats, particularly the Attenuation and SNR Margin.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php
    This will give you an idea of the max speed your line can handle.

If Vodafone are saying your line can't handle more than 3Mbps, then it's most likely true, unless for some reason they don't want you to pay them more money.

It seems to me that you don't understand how this works, so how you can make the claim that the Vodafone Techs are talking bullsh*t is lost on me.

Advertisement