Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nexus S from Vodafone

Options
  • 08-02-2011 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Vodafone.ie are registered interest for the Google Nexus S (picked up via Twitter). Anyone hazard a guess re: price/availability?

Comments

I would guess that it should cost about the same as the current top of the range android phones. I think carphone warehouse might be getting them in too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Larsist

HTC Desire HD costs upwards of €139 on Vodafone. I would imagine the Nexus S will be similarly priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

It's also coming to o2 but no info on date or price:

http://twitter.com/#!/O2IrelandShop/status/34649066092761088

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Its identical hardware to the Samsung Galaxy s, except for that NFC chip which is going to be useless here. Buy a Galaxy S.

Curio who makes the Voodoo kernel has said that Gingerbread is very slow and unstable on the Nexus, Darkys 9.2 on Froyo is miles faster and more stable than a stock Nexus running Gingerbread. Hence the reason why He's stuck to developing Froyo for now when it would be easy port Gingerbread when the hardware is identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Nexus S is supposed to be in Ireland around March or April. UK and NI got it before Christmas, so if you really want it, you should take a wee trip up north and get it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Ssupposedly it's going to be available in white through Vodafone. Not too sure if we'll get the white one here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭captainbirdseye

Google Nexus S to arrive on 1 March
    linky

Is this still worth buying with the Samsung Galaxy S2 just around the corner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

I'd wait to see how many devs pick the SGS2 up before buying it
    Sammies first firmwares are always dismal (anyone seen the quadrant score lol?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You can be assured a hell of a lot more devs will have the NS because it's pure android. I'm already running cyanogen7 on mine, what more do you want?

Who said buy the galaxy S? WTF? The Nexus S is the same, but with all of samsungs bugs removed. Do not waste your time with samsung software, it pollutes android. If I wanted to update my phone via terrible bloatware on PC I would have bought an iphone thanks (samsung kies is basically like itunes for updating, what a joke).

And yes, in the UK NS was exactly the same price as Desire HD.

If you read my post I said get a Galaxy S and flash it with the latest Darkys, all the Samsung shíte is replaced and its lots faster than a stock Nexus S with Gingerbread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Stock Nexus S >>>>>> Stock Galaxy S. Not having to use samsung kies = priceless.

Modded Nexus S only slightly better than modded Galaxy S because of additional features. Nexus S looks a lot more stylish as well.

srsly78 wrote: »
    Modded Nexus S only slightly better than modded Galaxy S because of additional features.

You mean NFC?
    See I think this is a very bad idea because bank managers have always been nice pleasant people to deal with when compared to ruthless phone companies

Advertisement