Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curragh Camp Fishing.

Options
  • 07-02-2011 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Told a few of my friends i was fishing beside the Curragh Camp.None of them would believe me.Thought I was on the firing ranges it was that close.Great day had.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Funny enough I was there yesterday myself but I was one of the ones making all the noise:o
    Didn't think it was that close, must check it out as all feedback has been positive so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bootsmcginty

Funny enough I was there yesterday myself but I was one of the ones making all the noise:o
    Didn't think it was that close, must check it out as all feedback has been positive so far.

could you camp here and fish?? is it possible to get directions??

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

20euro half-day[4 hours] and 30euro full day.9am till dark.
    10euro half-day for under 16 and 15euro full-day. The fish have been in the lake for over 6 years.
    Address is Ballysax,The Curragh,Co.Kildare - two minutes drive from the Curragh Army Camp. From the motorway go through the Curragh Camp,turn left at the crossroads with the pub on the corner take the second right turn and the fishery is five hundred yards on the right hand side.

Contact Shaun on tel:087-2462028

Here the aerial view of the lake..

http://maps.google.ie/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=213307294289166451151.00049932b520bba9bf623&ll=53.129695,-6.80264&spn=0.004815,0.009645&t=h&z=17

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭gary29428

I'm heading down there tomorrow, anybody fish it recently, what's working etc.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭gary29428

Fished here yesterday, had a cracking day with over 50 rainbows. Best was about 7 but lost a fish into double figures. Stuck with buzzers all day. Have to say this is an excellent fishery, nice setting, sound owner and the fish are the best I've seen. They fight like tuna, the vast majority of fish in there are triploid and pure silver, they are very similar to the fish you get over in the UK on Rutland and fight just as hard. Will be heading down there again very soon..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Going to give this place a try again tomorrow afternoon. Anyone else going to be be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

is there a bag limit or is it catch and release?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Its catch and release with barbless hooks

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

All trout fishing should be catch & release..for obvious reasons..

"Why fish barbless in the first place"? For starters, it’s easier on the fish. Assuming you’re practicing catch and release, backing a barbless hook out of a trout's mouth is far less harmful than the tearing of mouth and jaw tissue which commonly occurs when using barbed hooks. Furthermore, since hook removal is so much easier with barbless hooks, it requires that much less handling of the fish and can often be accomplished without removing the fish from the water. The cumulative effect is better survival rates for trout and other species of fish.
    Many anglers feel they will lose too many fish by going barbless, and this may well be true. But look at it this way…you’re doing the fish a big favor. If you need to harm a fish in order to catch it, maybe you need to work on your hooking and playing skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Do they hire gear there lads?

• Advertisement
Advertisement