Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

review request for the ASG (JG) Steyr AUG A1 Military

Options
  • 07-02-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

hi all.was thinking of getting one of these what do you think?is there much of a difference with the ca model.and can i fit a 9.6v cranestock in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bru.wicklow

cmon lads.wanna buy something at the weekend and need some advice on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ASG AUG A1 is the same as the JG AUG A1, ton of reviews out there for them. You can only fit a small type 8.4 in it unless you get it modded for Lipo use for a 7.4 or 11v depending how much you want to spend on a full internal refit. No way will a crane stock type battery get inside an AUG.

The way CAs are now there is next to no difference between them, the JG may actually last longer on stock internals before a potential failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

ASG AUG A1 is the same as the JG AUG A1, ton of reviews out there for them. You can only fit a small type 8.4 in it unless you get it modded for Lipo use for a 7.4 or 11v depending how much you want to spend on a full internal refit. No way will a crane stock type battery get inside an AUG.

The way CAs are now there is next to no difference between them, the JG may actually last longer on stock internals before a potential failure.
    Wrong, the CA is far better out of the box, pricier, but better. And running an 8.4 mini, it will last longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Firekitten wrote: »
    Wrong, the CA is far better out of the box, pricier, but better. And running an 8.4 mini, it will last longer.

I have a CA AUG myself coming up on 4 years now and I've never had an issue with it, but the way CA were only a few years ago with quality control I would not recommend them fully myself at the price they are. I don't know if they are back to their old self but I have heard nothing really about them lately. The JGs are solid performers for the money most of the time but there is the odd lemon. A CA model from early '07 or earlier yeah sure, great bit of kit, but from '08-'09 they were eating themselves left and right. Now I have no idea as I have avoided all CAs since my G36K, which was not great externally compared to the earlier models and my JG G36 had higher quality internals and wiring by a wide margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I have a CA AUG myself coming up on 4 years now and I've never had an issue with it, but the way CA were only a few years ago with quality control I would no recommend them fully myself at the price they are. I don't know if they are back to their old self but I have heard nothing really about them lately. The JGs are solid performers for the money most of the time but there is the odd lemon.
    Sportline....
    Never had a problem with thier pro kit, even now. Thier top end kit has stayed ok from what ive seen, and the price is what you pay for airsoft kit... Clones were cheap, that time is in its twilight now with only the decent surviving, and they too are raising thier prices. Airsoft guns have cost that much for decades in the uk, and more expensive yet. (Tm used to be £500 for an m4)

JG may perform solidly, but they dont have the gorgeous feel, of the CA AND performance. CA will out perform it in range and accuracy, but the JG will perhaps last longer chugging away in a mediocre fashion. Its the only choice id have for an aug... The rest dont quite make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bru.wicklow

thanks for the advice.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 paulmax

hi all.was thinking of getting one of these what do you think?is there much of a difference with the ca model.and can i fit a 9.6v cranestock in it.
    Hi, i have an ASG (JG) aug a1. No you cant fit a 9.6v but trust me the 8.4v is grand maybe not the one that comes with the gun but a new one. Its a polymer plastic body and a full metal barrel and 1.5 optical scope. The hop up you no is pulling back the charging handel, once that is ok your gun shoots like a line, its very accurate with its 510mm barrel. if you do get it you will love it. Enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

paulmax wrote: »
    Hi, i have an ASG (JG) aug a1. No you cant fit a 9.6v but trust me the 8.4v is grand maybe not the one that comes with the gun but a new one. Its a polymer plastic body and a full metal barrel and 1.5 optical scope. The hop up you no is pulling back the charging handel, once that is ok your gun shoots like a line, its very accurate with its 510mm barrel. if you do get it you will love it. Enjoy :)

Check the last post date dude, this person has gotten an AEG a long time ago.

Advertisement