Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook Pro to HDTV

Options
  • 07-02-2011 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I purchased a MacBook Pro in December just gone. Just wondering how I connect it to my HDTV so I can show movies rented on itunes etc?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

Thats a bit expensive for an adaptor, I bought one for a mate of mine on ebay less then a tenner.

He says it works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 WestMayo

I got one for my 2008 white MacBook two weeks ago off ebay for $6.75 including postage was here in less than a week. Only thing is that sound is not carried on it so I have to connect that up from the audio out into my surround sound set up, but it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

Amazon's cable prices are a lot less thaan Apple's

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

WestMayo wrote: »
    I got one for my 2008 white MacBook two weeks ago off ebay for $6.75 including postage was here in less than a week. Only thing is that sound is not carried on it so I have to connect that up from the audio out into my surround sound set up, but it works fine.

I have the same macbook but in black, both have the Mini-DVI which doesn't send sound even with HDMI cable in use. I too have to connect audio out cable to TV unfortunately.

The later models have a Mini DisplayPort which will send both audio and video. Lucky sods :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

timefora_J wrote: »
    I have the same macbook but in black, both have the Mini-DVI which doesn't send sound even with HDMI cable in use. I too have to connect audio out cable to TV unfortunately.

The later models have a Mini DisplayPort which will send both audio and video. Lucky sods :)

Well only the latest with Mini Display port 1.1 I think, ones released middle of last year and newer, ones before this could not carry sound

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jom1133

I'd recommend getting the new Apple TV - if you know of someone heading states side - you'd get it for about 70euro so not a bad deal i think... dam handy lets you stream content from you mac book plus you can rent new releases too - excellent quality!

Advertisement