Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shawn Michaels to appear for 1PW in October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Looks like they are pulling a 'wrestlemania weekend' of sorts.

http://www.oneprowrestling.com/shop1PW/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=43

£350, with two nights accommodation seems ok for whats on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

They got a cracking deal going where they are selling a ticket for a Q&A session with Shawn, including pics and autographs, only 20 pound, not a bad price really.

http://www.oneprowrestling.com/shop1PW/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=51

Charisteas wrote: »
    They got a cracking deal going where they are selling a ticket for a Q&A session with Shawn, including pics and autographs, only 20 pound, not a bad price really.

I think once your in there you have to pay to get an autograph/pic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would be cool to go but since Bound For Glory is around that time and i am "hoping" to got to BFG i will give it a miss. Wonder could AWR bring him over?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Bought a ticket for the show and Q&A going with my two brothers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Its still just a glorified indy show, HBK or not. I wonder how any people can afford £350 sterling in this day and age?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Theres a couple sold already,not for everyone obviously but not the worst price ever for those who could afford it,Somehow wrestling fans always find a way to come up with money

They have a good installment package.
    130 now, 120 at the end of june and 100 at the end of august.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I would not part with that sort of money for 1pw. Have they not gone buts about 10 times already?

Looks a decent weekend though.

Ah right thats not too bad. Thought the only option was the £350 yoke.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    I would not part with that sort of money for 1pw. Have they not gone buts about 10 times already?

Looks a decent weekend though.

Yeah yer man that used to run it (he might still do so not sure) has a shocking reputation, theres tonnes of threads on various boards about the stunts he's pulled over the years. There was a farce where he advertised to bring over the Great Muta a few years back but the venue pulled out at the last minute as he hadn't paid for it. Luckily another UK indy stepped in and booked him instead.

Apparently they got another huge name lined up for the anniversary show, to be announced around May. My money's on Kevin Nash, but that would be a pure guess based on the fact that he's appearing on another show this year, anyone else heard anything about who else it could be?

Apparently they got another huge name lined up for the anniversary show, to be announced around May. My money's on Kevin Nash, but that would be a pure guess based on the fact that he's appearing on another show this year, anyone else heard anything about who else it could be?

Id say its bret.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Id say its bret.

Bret and Shawn doing the same show and same autograph session? That would be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Bret and Shawn doing the same show and same autograph session? That would be epic!

That would be epic..talking to them, trying to stir things up and laughing...ha ha remember when you Shawn said get that piece of sh!t out of my ring after taking the title off Bret at Wrestlemania? ha ha good times

The only reason i would say it could be bret is that they are hyping two "Huge names". HBK is a huge name, someone who would be on the same level as him i would credit as being Austin, The rock (but thats not likely), Mick Foley, (but he has nothing to plug).
    Bret is also fresh in the minds of the more younger fans, not just in age, but those who havent been watching for long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Foley is not even in the same galaxy as HBK when it comes to big names.

If there is to be another big name, my bets would be Flair.

gimmick wrote: »
    Foley is not even in the same galaxy as HBK when it comes to big names.

They were names off the top of my head.
    Its obviously someone who isnt active these days (possibly flair).
    Any chance of it being HHH?

It won't be any contracted WWE talent thats still an activer wrestler. No way its HHH.

My guess is they're still working on it, knowing 1W. If they had someone big signed they'd advertise it, those £350 tickets won't sell themselves.

The two big names have already signed contracts. They were going to reveal them both in May, but Shawn obviously didn't realise this, and broke the news of his appearance on his twitter.

I really don't think Bret would do the same session as Michaels. I'd still guess Nash, or maybe Jericho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

vaders doing the other q and a for this

Just autograph signings though is it? Assume they won't be wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Shawn isn't obviously but they have vader down as both nights. Been looking at pricing for it you can get flights from belfast for £80 and a hotel near the doncaster dome for EUR80 for the fri and saturday, so tempted have always loved shawn

Advertisement