Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's next for U2 after the album???

Options
  • 07-02-2011 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

They have a new album 'Songs of Ascent' out in May, which focuses on pilgrimage and meditative songs.

I'm wondering what are you guys/girls opinions along these lines.

I know they probably won't do another stadium tour as the 360 show is just finishing up in July and they've already performed new songs live.

What I would like would be to see them doing about 16 dates at the 02 for a short Irish warm-up tour this autumn. Then maybe they could take a rest for a few months and next summer do another international tour in support of the album.

Thats what I want to see as I've already seen U2 at Croke Park and would love to see them at an indoor venue. Also it would be interesting to see how many would sell out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

karaokeman wrote: »
    They have a new album 'Songs of Ascent' out in May, which focuses on pilgrimage and meditative songs.

I'm wondering what are you guys/girls opinions along these lines.

I know they probably won't do another stadium tour as the 360 show is just finishing up in July and they've already performed new songs live.

What I would like would be to see them doing about 16 dates at the 02 for a short Irish warm-up tour this autumn. Then maybe they could take a rest for a few months and next summer do another international tour in support of the album.

Thats what I want to see as I've already seen U2 at Croke Park and would love to see them at an indoor venue. Also it would be interesting to see how many would sell out.

The current tour has been on the road for the guts of 2 years so I can't see them touring so soon.

But if they do and they decide to do the O2, I think they could easily fill 16 (BTW, why 16?) nights.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Probably a gap and then another album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Superman the musical?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Read an interview with them somewhere when the claw tour kicked off and i think it was Larry saying theyll never do the big stadium productions anymore and theyre moving into arenas, so you might get your wish, getting tickets will be tricky though.

Advertisement