Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to Draw Waterproofing Layer in AutoCAD

• 07-02-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭

Hope my explanation's understandable..

There's a convention for drawing waterproofing layers as a kind of thick dashed line. But instead of a gap in the dashes, there are thin lines at either side.

Is there an easy way of doing this in AutoCAD?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

Blisterman wrote: »
    Hope my explanation's understandable..

There's a convention for drawing waterproofing layers as a kind of thick dashed line. But instead of a gap in the dashes, there are thin lines at either side.

Is there an easy way of doing this in AutoCAD?

You can create custom linetypes

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS73099cc142f4875513fb5cd10c4aa30d6b-7e65.htm,topicNumber=d0e367610

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Maybe I'm reading that wrong, or don't understand it, but that appears to only allow for one dimensional lines which are made up of combinations of dots and dashes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭De Bhál

http://www.upfrontezine.com/tailor/tailor20.htm

Try this, it's to draw parallel lines and you could amend it to suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I usually draw the waterproofing layer with a solid polyline and offset either side by e.g 2.5. then change the middle line from solid to dashed and in the properties change the global width to 5.

I tried to make up a line type for it years ago but I remember having problems with the solid hatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Same as Slig

3 parallel lines with the outer to a continuous linetype with a .05/.09 line weight and then a dashed poly line in the middle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement