Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook chat problem...online/offline etc

Options
  • 07-02-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Last week I was informed that in the chat box whenever a friend was talking to me that id keep going offline then back online then offline(even though I was online the whole time)

Its still the same and I don't know what/how to fix it? Any suggestions? Im using google chrome and up till last week I've never had a single problem. Now all of a sudden its acting up.

I know its a common enough problem, but it makes me worried that my account could have been hacked or something?

So i went and changed my password yesterday as a precaustion. Then I noticed that on my iphone that the facebook app keeps logging me off every now and then for no reason?

And it never did that before either.

Can anyone give me some info on what could be the problem?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Facebook chat is dodgy at the best of times. This happens to me also, but I also see it happening when I'm trying to chat with friends.

I think it might be something that Facebook themselves would have to sort out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Using a mobile broadband dongle? I find it happens a lot when using the dongle. Par for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Your account are hang-king. you go to account setting than change the passwords so simple

??????

BrianD wrote: »
    Using a mobile broadband dongle? I find it happens a lot when using the dongle. Par for the course.

No never used dongle for net.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

Interesting - could be a location issue?- same happening to me for a few weeks now on FB- am outside Carrick-on-Shannon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Butterball wrote: »
    Interesting - could be a location issue?- same happening to me for a few weeks now on FB- am outside Carrick-on-Shannon!!!

Well I don't know about the location issue, as most of my other friends on facebook don't have any problem. I tried it on internet explorer and same issue...so its nothing to do with the browser(as I thought it might have been).

I emailed facebook but got a "we can't look into everything" email back from them.

Its pretty annoying to say the least, as I can't use my chat at all as anytime someone wants to text back It keeps saying I'm offline then online etc...and very annoying for them as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement