Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtext for Mac

Options
  • 07-02-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Anyone know when Eirtext for mac will be available from the mac app store? Really want to get it but I cant see where to buy it on the website so thought it might be available from the Mac app store but it isnt.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

It's in review with Apple at the moment.

Thread moved to the Mac forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

How much will it be Vinnie??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭yer man!

What about jelly sms for the mac? works just as good and it's free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Exactly, don't bother with that Eirtext rip off, hardly ever works on the iPhone so wouldn't chance it on the mac... Use Jelly SMS!

jpfahy wrote: »
    How much will it be Vinnie??

Price hasn't been decided yet.
    00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Exactly, don't bother with that Eirtext rip off, hardly ever works on the iPhone so wouldn't chance it on the mac... Use Jelly SMS!

Rip off? It's €3.99 for Pro or there's also a limited free version on iOS. Have you reported your sending issues to support?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

00Blaine00 wrote: »

Eh....Have both!

NEVER had an issue with it on iPhone.

Two words ....PILOT ERROR

EirText for Mac has been approved and is now available on the Mac App Store: EirText for Mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Great work Vinny - well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Vinny, I bought Eirtext for Mac ages ago, way before the App Store obviously. Today, an update was made available to bring it in sync with the App Store version I assume (2.0.7) and it wiped out all settings which was annoying enough but after re-entering everything, it says my license key is invalid and I should purchase a license? What gives?

J-blk wrote: »
    Vinny, I bought Eirtext for Mac ages ago, way before the App Store obviously. Today, an update was made available to bring it in sync with the App Store version I assume (2.0.7) and it wiped out all settings which was annoying enough but after re-entering everything, it says my license key is invalid and I should purchase a license? What gives?

It shouldn't have done that. Please email support@appsandwich.com with your old license key.

• Advertisement

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    It shouldn't have done that. Please email support@appsandwich.com with your old license key.

Thanks Vinny, mail sent.

Thanks for the (very) quick resolution Vinny - working great now.

Hi folks,

Just dropping in to give away a few promo codes for the app:

XWTEPMW76A7A
    WXJFFPMNPHTX
    EKAFLJERYJ4T
    FJYTPE7EJKP7

You can use the code by clicking the Redeem link on the right hand side of the Mac App Store (in the Featured section).

Cheers,

Vinny.

Hi Vinny,

Used the last one.

Many thanks...

Best wishes,

IM

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

Used the second one, thanks very much. Any plans for a desktop widget for quick access ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Cheers, Vinny, I used the first code. :)

MacGyver wrote: »
    Used the second one, thanks very much. Any plans for a desktop widget for quick access ?

I've looked into it before, but didn't get too far. I'll see what I can do. Cheers!

Hi Vinny,

Just wondering how to do this?
    I have "save messages to history" unchecked in preferences but they're staying put.
    I might be missing something else?

Thanks,

IM

It's currently not possible to delete message history.

It's on my To Do list.

No problem Vinny.

Thanks

IM

• Advertisement

Iomega Man wrote: »
    Hi Vinny,

Just wondering how to do this?
    I have "save messages to history" unchecked in preferences but they're staying put.
    I might be missing something else?

Thanks,

IM

I've added the ability to delete selected messages or all messages in the latest update (v2.0.1), which is now available in the Mac App Store.

It also includes some bugfixes. More info here: http://www.appsandwich.com/?p=349

Cheers,

Vinny.

Can eirtext for mac receive messages or does your iPhone have to receive the messages or does both? And if you bought the iOS version do you have to buy the Mac version?

Can eirtext for mac receive messages or does your iPhone have to receive the messages or does both? And if you bought the iOS version do you have to buy the Mac version?

No, it can't receive messages. Replies are sent to your mobile as normal SMS.

The Mac version is a different product to the iOS version, so it must be purchased separately.

Advertisement