Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving instructor while on Jobseeker's Allowance?

• 07-02-2011 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I heard it's possible to get free/cheaper driving lessons from an instructor if you are receiving the Jobseeker's Allowance.

Is this true or not and where could I find instructors that do this offer?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I've never heard of this, and I don't imagine for one minute the lessons will be free!

But I would think there's room for negotiation with your chosen DI if you tell them you're unemployed. Lots of places offer discounts for OAPS/unemployed.

If you don't ask, you don't get :D

Good luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

My driving instructor knows I can work different shifts and offered me cheaper lessons in the morning/lunchtimes during the week, ask around, some might be able to do this.

Advertisement