Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post RAS launch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Hurrah finish in Skerries for the 6th year in a row. I'll get to see them fly by for the 6th year in a row while stopping dogs toddlers and grumps running out in front of the race. :mad:

I never was bothered about going to the finish until I couldn't go.....

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

shaungil wrote: »
    Hurrah finish in Skerries for the 6th year in a row.

... and it means we should get some of those potholes filled (again!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

shaungil wrote: »
    Hurrah finish in Skerries for the 6th year in a row. I'll get to see them fly by for the 6th year in a row while stopping dogs toddlers and grumps running out in front of the race. :mad:

I never was bothered about going to the finish until I couldn't go.....

There's one sure fire way to avoid marshalling .................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Go on Shaun you know you wanna. Think of the 'fun' you will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

and lets completely ignore more than half the country (again) - wasters i shall ignore it the way they ignore us, harrumph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

in terms of country teams entering it? Anyone know of riders or teams entering that have a spare place or two....or riders who want to make up a team

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    ... perhaps I am mistaken, but I thought he would require some kind of medical qualification before he could be appointed Race Doctor ... :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    ... perhaps I am mistaken, but I thought he would require some kind of medical qualification before he could be appointed Race Doctor ... :confused:

Nah, first aid cert from the Order of Malta ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

FFS, the stage going through Kilkenny and I'll be working :(.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

rob stuidying for his order cert last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Nice route thru my neck of the woods with some decisions as to where is the best vantage point on the stage to Castletown Bere.

Ladies view is a narrow windy road which should be great. Molls Gap is only up the road for me.
    However the last 0.5km to Healy Pass is about 11%. Should be great to see.

The best of luck to any on this site competing or officiating in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

@ ROK_ON - The Healy Pass should be a great place to watch them climb over, will probably perch there myself.

Was actually where I first saw a bike race (must've been a Nissan Classic) and set the seed of cycling going in me; even got to meet Sean Kelly in Kenmare (who I was informed was 'the best cyclist in the world') - would enthuse any young lad to pick up a bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Beached

CheGuedara wrote: »
    @ ROK_ON - The Healy Pass should be a great place to watch them climb over, will probably perch there myself.

Was actually where I first saw a bike race (must've been a Nissan Classic) and set the seed of cycling going in me; even got to meet Sean Kelly in Kenmare (who I was informed was 'the best cyclist in the world') - would enthuse any young lad to pick up a bike!

Was left off school in Kenmare that day to see the stage start in the town. I waited outside the PDM bus for half an hour to get Sean Kellys autograph, he came out and brushed straight past all of us. I was disgusted. Martin Early followed but signed autographs for everyone. Also got Charlie Mottet's autograph that day.

The Healy pass is deffo the place to view the stage, was up there for the Ras Mumhan last year. The last 500m on the Kerry side makes things really dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Beached wrote: »
    Was left off school in Kenmare that day to see the stage start in the town. I waited outside the PDM bus for half an hour to get Sean Kellys autograph, he came out and brushed straight past all of us. I was disgusted.

Only got to meet him briefly just on the corner by the Atlantic, and got a quick photo with him (not that the picture can be found now years later :/ ) - he wasn't hanging around!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

rob stuidying for his order cert last year

My goodness. T-shirts, shorts, blue sky, sunshine. I'd almost forgotten it was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

RobFowl wrote: »

Yeah a nice holiday away in the sun that week does sound good. Now to just get the kids off school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

An Post ? Rás ? When did that happen?

So my collection of FBD Milk Rás tee shirts are obsolete. Must pay more attention in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Looking at the route there, stage 6, I was wondering where that KOM 3 from Ballyhooly to Fermoy was, and its up a back road (ie. they wouldn't travel it the moment, fairly potholey) that I often frequent. Also on the same stage they are using the reverse (last 45km) route of the 90km SeanKelly TOW (ie. Dungarvan > Tramore), some good photo opportunities I'd imagine.

Advertisement