Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laminate floor over quarry tiles

Options
  • 07-02-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

hi,

i want to lay a new laminate floor over quarry tiles which have been down since the house was built. (1940,s)

now they are resonably level for the most part but do rise slightly in an alcove area.
    i really dont want to take them up. i was planning on laying a small bit of screed on the worst bits myself but really dont want to have to do a big pour.

i guess what i want to know is how much imperfection can the underlay hide, or is it going to be a complete disaster.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If the floor isn't level, then a 3mm bed of foam under laminate will make no difference. The boards will strain and probably come apart over time, or at least fail at that point where the floor rises, if its sharp.

Advertisement