Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EU Wide Warranty

Options
  • 07-02-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Anyone advise what the situation is with Warranty's on imported Cards. bought a 1 year old Saab in the UK less than 2 years back. It has a 3 year Manufacturers Warranty. Are these honoured in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

tbourk02 wrote: »
    Anyone advise what the situation is with Warranty's on imported Cards. bought a 1 year old Saab in the UK less than 2 years back. It has a 3 year Manufacturers Warranty. Are these honoured in Ireland.

Generally you would have to travel to the UK or to the north to avail of the extra year warranty.

Audi UK for example have a 3 year warranty, while Audi Ireland have a 2 year warranty. If you purchased the car from a dealer in the UK you have a warranty with that dealer/Audi UK but there may be a clause preventing transfer of the warranty to a third party (from the original owner).

Did you buy privately or from a dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

I would say you need to find out if it is the dealers, manufacturers or the importers warranty that covers year 3... you could still have you car repaired here if the UK importer or dealer agrees to pay the RoI dealer.

I don't know, but he may insisit that someone in his employment inspects the car at your expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I would ring a northern Ireland dealer with your chassis number and tell them you are taking the car in for a repair under warranty & see what they say. Should be covered up there at least. Not worth struggling with the dealers here who will treat you like a second class citizen in many cases because you have an import that you didnt buy off them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I brought a Ford C-Max in from the UK in 2009 and phoned up Ford in Cork to let them know to update their records (just needed chassis no.) and request my UK 3 year warranty period be recognised in Ireland which only provides a 2 year warranty.
    Yes sir, thank you.
    Easy peasy.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement