Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen C4 Turbo Issue

Options
  • 07-02-2011 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

Have an issue with Turbo on Citroen C4 1.6 Diesel Manual.
    Failed NCT last week on emissions, so sent it for a service, and check the emmissions.
    Mechanic said nothing he can do, there seems to be a diesel leak in Turbo, and that is contributing to it.

I can't seem to find a mechanic that can look at this in around Dublin.

Has anyone any ideas where I can go from here?

Cheers in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

johnpd wrote: »
    there seems to be a diesel leak in Turbo, and that is contributing to it.

Is there diesel mixed in with the engine oil...??

If so i think you need to get a leakback test done on the injectors also check around the injector seals for a black carbon substance...if this is present then you'll need to get the injector seals replaced.

Is it the 90 bhp or 110 bhp 1.6 hdi...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 johnpd

Hi,

Thanks for reply, Its the 1.6hdi VSX 110 .

No idea about diesel in the oil. Guy in garage never said.
    Is it a big job €€ wise? even though its only an 05 model, it has me potless at this stage. 170K KMs on it too if that makes a difference.
    Always serviced each 20k

Cheers
    J

If its the 110bhp then it will have a diesel particle filter (dpf).
    During a dpf regen the engine double injects diesel into the cylinders which
    bring up the temp within the dpf to burn off the carbon built up.

Remove the dipstick and see what the oil level is like and if it smells of diesel..??

I think you may need to get some good diagnostic equipment plugged into it and see what the condition of the dpf is like....There are alot of different sensors which play an important part of the regen process,so if any of these fail then your dpf may not regen correctly.

Also It really needs to be serviced every 15k and the correct grade of oil used.

Thanks Row

Citroen themselves used to set the next service level at 20k.
    Only serviced on Saturday gone, but I'll check to smell Diesel in oil later on.

If it was a sensor issue, are these awkward to replace?
    I'm reluctant to go to Citroen after too many bad experiences to look at this...are there any good places I can trust to look at this? Prefer between Laois n Dublin

Thanks

johnpd wrote: »
    If it was a sensor issue, are these awkward to replace?

In your dpf system you have...
    1)differential pressure sensor that monitors the pressure across the
    dpf and calls for a regen when the pressure gets to high.
    2)A dpf temp sensor which monitors the temp of the dpf when regening
    3)fuel cap sensor which monitors when diesel is added and this also tells the additive ecu to inject additive fluid into the diesel tank(depending on how much is in the diesel tank.

You need someone to run a full diagnostic check which would tell
    how often the dpf is regening..how much additive fluid is left in the tank etc.

Not sure of anyone up your side but there maybe a few Mechanics here that
    can help out...:)

If you don't get someone before your retest then maybe try dipetane
    in your next topup and give it a good hard drive before the test....:)

• Advertisement

Will give that a go, worked last time,
    Thanks Row:D

Dipetane worked,
    put a double dose in as suggested in motor factors and brought smoke reading from over 4 to 2.5. :D:D:D

Advertisement