Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full-on Anime-style: Under Night In-Birth

Options
  • 07-02-2011 11:01am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭


    A new fighting game from the makers of Melty Blood.

    Runs in 720p.
    4-button scheme apparently, 10 (?) characters, about 40% complete.

    You can tell it's Japanese because the title makes no fvcking sense whatsoever :D

    hydragp01l.jpg

    http://inbirth.info/ (Official site)

    SRK article


    OH YEAH:
    020.jpg


«1

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon


    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You can tell it's Japanese because the title makes no fvcking sense whatsoever :D

    That, and the fact that it's in Japanese :p

    Any proper screenshots of the actual gameplay?

    Looks kinda good


  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM


    Tallon wrote: »
    That, and the fact that it's in Japanese :p

    Any proper screenshots of the actual gameplay?

    Looks kinda good

    Yeah looks nice in still but I assume as it's 720p it's going to be 60 fps so it's competition is Blaz Blue. Need to see it running.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap


    Glad to see they have an irish stage, with the luas bridge behind them.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval


    [7days Immortal] Unreal BLACK THINGS? Cool, more fighting games should have those in my opinion.

    EDIT: Trailer:



  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT


    Glad to see they have an irish stage, with the luas bridge behind them.
    yep thats the scenery from the dundrum bypass lol


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki


    Alright, I've bought Uniel off Hong Kong PSN (HK$398)

    If anyone wants to gameshare, PM me. gone!



  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel


    Oh so we do have a thread for this already? I wasn't sure.

    Anyway, I'm really really liking this game. Feels like a cross between KoF and Melty Blood. Don't have my copy yet (its in the mail, got a hard copy for convenience when it comes to casuals/tournaments) but I've been messing around with Gordeau, Merkava, Orie, Eltnum and Akatsuki. Most likely going to put serious time into Orie and Gord/Merk when it arrives.

    Also to anyone considering checking this out, there's a free tournament on the 16th of August at the XGC. You'll have to pay the venue fee (€5), which lets you play casuals throughout the day from 1-7 (for other games too). Tournament details here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057258221


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus




  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII


    Was pretty uninterested in this.... but it DOES have Akatsuki in it, represent that Blitzkampf.


  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki


    Cheapest option right now is to buy it from Hong Kong PSN (digital download) for HK$398.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz


    So does anyone want to game share on this?


  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar


    ill go half-sies with ya constant


  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz


    SuperChar wrote: »
    ill go half-sies with ya constant

    Top man- I thought you said you didn't have a PS3 though?


  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar


    Top man- I thought you said you didn't have a PS3 though?

    I found one for super cheap so yeah :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01


    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    A new fighting game from the makers of Melty Blood.




  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz


    SuperChar wrote: »
    I found one for super cheap so yeah :)

    Oh that's awesome- I'll have to find out how to do this so, and I'll get back to you


  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki


    Oh that's awesome- I'll have to find out how to do this so, and I'll get back to you
    1. Create a new PSN account and set region to Hong Kong.
    2. Buy 2x HK$200 cards (e.g. Play-Asia)
    3. Sign in to PSN and access store.
    4. Redeem codes.
    5. Find UNIEL (e.g. Genres -> Fighters) and purchase.
    6. Start the download.
    7. Sign out of the HK account & back in to your regular one.
    8. Send HK PSN login details to the other person.


  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud


    Looking good. Gonna be typical Ken and play main characters. Lets go Hyde. Explosions incoming. :p


  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki




  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel


    Said I'd post this in casuals, so here's the frame data for everyone (except Carmine for now)

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1De7GMR--Ycdnir8rto3rpztm7_LHeqJYqzyrjYlFviU/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#

    Also here's some other useful links.

    http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/Basics (wiki with the systems explained, details on each individual character and their moves)
    Also lists notable players for each character.

    http://horibuna.web.fc2.com/UNIEL/index.html (video database sorted by character)


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa


    If, by close of business in work today my UNiB hasn't arrived, I'ma buying it off the HK store.

    Rather than offer to split it with anyone, I'm gonna put my account on the PS3 and download it there, so people don't have to worry about bringing in their own consoles, should they want to play and there's no physical copy abounds.


  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz


    Voa wrote: »
    If, by close of business in work today my UNiB hasn't arrived, I'ma buying it off the HK store.

    Rather than offer to split it with anyone, I'm gonna put my account on the PS3 and download it there, so people don't have to worry about bringing in their own consoles, should they want to play and there's no physical copy abounds.

    This man is a hero.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa


    This man is a hero.
    While I might have done the full set up for the account (seriously though, how was secretpirateisland@gmail.com not taken yet), I'll only be doing this if An Post don't (literally) deliver :pac:

    Speak of the devil, I have it in my hands.
    However, a community copy of the game would be quite radical, so I might do a small whip around and we can all pitch in on a community copy.We'd have a choice of making up the 40 or so euro from everyone pitching in equally and getting 2 PS3s with UNiB, or one person putting in a little more and claiming an install on the HK account, with only 1 of them being put in the XGC.


  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz


    Voa wrote: »
    secretpirateisland @ gmail.com

    lol


  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz


    Voa wrote: »
    Speak of the devil, I have it in my hands.
    However, a community copy of the game would be quite radical, so I might do a small whip around and we can all pitch in on a community copy.We'd have a choice of making up the 40 or so euro from everyone pitching in equally and getting 2 PS3s with UNiB, or one person putting in a little more and claiming an install on the HK account, with only 1 of them being put in the XGC.

    Cool- you got it delivered at work?

    That's a cool idea about a community copy. One of the lads who were trying it yesterday might be interested in a digital copy. I'd say Patrick might be up for it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel


    Voa wrote: »
    While I might have done the full set up for the account (seriously though, how was secretpirateisland@gmail.com not taken yet), I'll only be doing this if An Post don't (literally) deliver :pac:

    Speak of the devil, I have it in my hands.
    However, a community copy of the game would be quite radical, so I might do a small whip around and we can all pitch in on a community copy.We'd have a choice of making up the 40 or so euro from everyone pitching in equally and getting 2 PS3s with UNiB, or one person putting in a little more and claiming an install on the HK account, with only 1 of them being put in the XGC.

    I hate my postman.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa


    Naphiel wrote: »
    I hate my postman.

    He says, as by the time I actually get online, he's had about 100+ games :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel


    Voa wrote: »
    He says, as by the time I actually get online, he's had about 100+ games :pac:

    I'm using Kiki's second digital copy for 4/5 days. Have it on my ps3 for tomorrow. My copy still hasn't arrived, probably get here today (I hope).


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa


    Man, you're well serious about that t-shirt.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel


    Just because you're jealous of my ranked stats. :pac:


Advertisement