Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

information on the advantages of vegetarianism

Options
  • 07-02-2011 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

hi im just looking for information on the advantages of vegetarianism. preferably referenced information. does anybody know any good sites to get info on this. any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

What sort of advantages? Health, environmental?

Regarding health benefits, I had a (very) quick look on PubMed there for "vegetarian diet." If you don't have a subscription through a university or something you'll only be able to read the abstracts, unfortunately, but there's quite a bit of scientific info even in the first page of abstracts.

If your college or workplace does have a subscription, it's definitely one of the best sources for info on anything health-related. Although if you're not used to reading scientific papers it's a bit heavy. It just sprang to mind when you said "referenced information."

• Registered Users Posts: 40 focuslfc

thanks for the reply. i was looking for the health benefits of being a vegetarian and what i meant by "referenced" its for a project for college so require references for the info used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Ah now, you can't get boardsies to do your work for you! Have a google :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40 focuslfc

not asking them to do the work for me i have some info on it already but i dont know much about the topic so here is the relevant area to ask where the best sites etc are to look as you guys know the topic better then myself. in my opinion its hard to get up to date studies on it(someone here might know of a site with these up to date studies) , therefore asking here where somebody could direct me to that information..

Advertisement