Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Science UCC??

Options
  • 06-02-2011 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi everybody, my brother is considering doing food science in UCC next year but is unsure what to expect from the course. Is there alot of lab work? Are the science modules difficult etc? I would love if someone who has done the course or is doing it could help him out.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eggineer

Hey there, alot of my friends are doing it in foirst year now so all i can tell you is about 1st year.
    It seems to be much more like a science degree, so be ready for lots and lots of physics! It seems to be the module most people seem to have difficulty with.
    There's labs in biology, chemistry and physics, as with every module.
    There's very long hours and alot of work to be done, it's much the same a nutrtion degree.

Everyone i know seems to like it though and there's great job opportunities out of it :)

Advertisement