Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another help selling my car thread...

Options
  • 06-02-2011 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi, I've had my car advertised on donedeal for about a month now and have got a few calls about it but noone interested in viewing it. Initially had price at €3200 which I've now dropped to €3000. I'd appreciate any critique and suggestions for the ad as I'm keen to shift it!
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1784768
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

2200 is the price of it if you want it shifted, was going to say 1750 but prob a bit harsh
    Saloon wont help it sell too fast but hey you cant change that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

It is well over priced i bought a 02 focus same model with a longer nct over a year and a half ago for 1700 your car is now a year older from the time when i bought it well 2 years older most people will see it as i bought mine in 2009 it is now 2011 so i would be thinking if you want a quick sale 1500

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Brother bought an 04 hatch 1.6 with aircon and alloys etc, full history for 3500 last year.
    I don't think an effectively 3 years older saloon is worth anywhere near 3 grand. I reckon 2k is the price if you're lucky , saloons undesirable.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As above, €3k is too much for a basic LX 9 year old Focus saloon. I'd also undo hiding the reg plate. Some buyers like to do motor checks first before making contact with the seller. Blocking out the reg may give the impression that the seller is dodgy or hiding something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

+1 to the above. It's the low spec version, has a boot and is a 1.6, far too big an engine for Irish people ;) Sorry OP, you#ll struggle to get €2k for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement