Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luton to Acton town.. route??

Options
  • 06-02-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi..

Im heading over to London on thursday evening and landing in Luton. I am staying in Acton with a cousin.. Heard its far away!

Anyone know the cheapest and quickest way from Luton to Acton?

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Usual route would be a transfer bus from airport to luton station

Train to St Pancras

Short walk to kings cross

Piccadilly Line tube to acton

tfl

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Thanks a mill..

Still sounds difficult!!

Finding it so hard to find a decent map!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thats the problem with Luton airport, its not connected that well to the public transport network. Only way out of it is by bus or taxi. From memory the transfer bus is free. The train into london is a commuter service so runs quite often.

Once your at St Pancreas the walk is quite short, again from memory you dont need to leave the station. St Pancreas and Kings Cross is quite a large complex and subways and walkways between the two are quite well sign posted.

Once your at Luton you can buy the one ticket that does your whole journey all the way to Acton Town, you might even be able to but it at the Airport after you land. I'm guessing your flying Ryanair, sometimes they do offer a reduced ticket price for the train.

Only thing to be aware off, depending on what time you land, your journey may be affected by engineering works, If so, replacement buses will be provided.

As for maps, the Tranport for London site lists all the maps, national rail in london, tube maps, and ones that combine the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Thanks a mill..

Still sounds difficult!!
    Luton is a bit of a bitch to get to/from. For future reference, getting to Acton from Heathrow is much more straightforward - it's only about 25 minutes on the Piccadilly line.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Country lane

If i were you i'd get the coach from Luton to Heathrow, and then get the Piccadilly line straight to Acton.

Your destined for 'Red Backs' on a Sunday night and possibly the triple if you can handle it ie, The Church, Walkabout (Shepherds Bush) and Red Backs!

• Advertisement

I don't think the airport to train station shuttle is free anymore.

Advertisement