Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein posters Vandalised

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭REPSOC1916

ankasamun wrote: »
    Ruadhán Mac Aodháin Sinn Fein candidate in Dublin South East had anti Sinn Fein slogans pasted across the front of his election posters. Would anyone like to own up?

Well the people who did that are entitled to their opinion even if involves acting childishly and benefitting from the cloak of anonymity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Me thinks he's and every other election poster has vandalised the streets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

tossers really is all they are. if they dont like the party dont vote for them but that kind of behaviour is just scummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Ruadhán Mac Aodháin Sinn Fein candidate in Dublin South East had anti Sinn Fein slogans pasted across the front of his election posters. Would anyone like to own up?

If they'd like to preserve their kneecaps I highly doubt it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Print out these "sponsors" logos and affix them to any SF poster you notice any time you feel like it :D

NorthernBankNI20.pngNorthernBankNI20.pngNorthernBankNI20.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Is there really a need to start a thread about this OP. Really:confused:

No one should deface posters, it's as simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Print out these "sponsors" logos and affix them to any SF poster you notice any time you feel like it :D
    mods, please add an LMAO button to supplement the Thanks button :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

It is a pathetically childish thing to do, but it was probably teenagers anyway, and if nothing else you can always accuse teenagers of being childish. I can't imagine any other posters have gotten away with it either. If I remember correctly wasn't Noel Dempseys office vandalised not so long ago (after the EU/IMF thing).

If you are going to put your face on a poster looking for votes, it's inevitable that a certain percentage will be defaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

What did it say on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

RachaelVO wrote: »
    It is a pathetically childish thing to do,

Y'know what's a patethically childish thing to do? Plastering the country with all these fecking posters.

Who makes their decision based on a poster anyway? The things should be banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Y'know what's a patethically childish thing to do? Plastering the country with all these fecking posters.

I agree. And I also saw the people putting up the posters a couple of days ago loose 1 or 2 to the wind and not bother to go and pick them up, just left them to blow onto incoming traffic and then leave

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭doopa

Damn right. They are an eyesore in the first place and distracting to drivers, more so now that they are flapping all over the place due to the winds.

I hate the fact that none of the posters say anything about the candidates anyway - Ban them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

I don't think this thread is going to engender any kind of meaningful discussion.

OP, when you're starting threads please try a little harder. Give something for people to talk about. Obviously no one was going to "own up" here. There wasn't any scope for discussing the broader issues (should election posters be allowed to be vandalised; should election posters be banned etc), and the replies did nothing to help in that regard.

Locked.

/mod.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement