Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collapse (2009) feat. Michael Ruppert

Options
  • 06-02-2011 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm interested to see what users here think of the following documentary:

Collapse (2009) (links to watch it can be found here)

I realise it's been out a while now, and had thought that it might have been discussed on boards already, but a search yielded no directly relevant threads. However, if anyone knows of a thread where it's been discussed already, I'm more than willing to be re-directed there.

You can find a synopsis of the film here, as quoted below:
    Sitting in a room that looks like a bunker, Ruppert briefly recounts his life including his parents' ties to U.S. intelligence agencies and Ruppert’s own career as an LAPD beat cop and detective. Ruppert then summarizes current energy and economic issues, focusing mainly around the core concepts of peak oil and sustainable development. He also criticizes fiat money and discusses CIA drug trafficking.
    The bulk of the film presents Ruppert making an array of predictions including social unrest, violence, population dislocation and governmental collapses in the United States and throughout the world. He draws on the same news reports and data available to any Internet user, but he applies a unique interpretation -- “connecting the dots” as he calls it.
    Smith periodically stops Ruppert to question his assumptions and provide a note of skepticism.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Cheers David, thanks for sharing. Never heard of the film nor the interviewee before but it seems quite interesting. I'll give it a watch and let you know what I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Was this the guy that was an economic hitman for the CIA? He was interviewed in Zeitgeist:Addendum?

If so it's definitely worth a watch. I'm not too au fait with the name.

well worth the watch..

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Some review said it was a "intellectual horror film" :)

Ruppert was interviewed in Zeitgeist: Moving Forward, dont think he was in Addendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

I watched that recently. Very interesting and looking at the trends, things are indeed getting worse and worse.

I'm just listening to Gerald Celente predicting similar doom coming soon as well:

http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/viewVideo.php?video_id=13831

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'd heard of this movie but haven't seen it yet. Must give it a watch

Roger Ebert's review shines it in a good light
    I have no way of assuring you that the bleak version of the future outlined by Michael Ruppert in Chris Smith's "Collapse" is accurate. I can only tell you I have a pretty good built-in B.S. detector, and its needle never bounced off zero while I watched this film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Really enjoyed this documentary. I read somewhere that this chap ran into financial difficulty and lost his house as seen in the film. Just shows no-ones immune to the current state of the economic situation.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭David Matthew

Thought this article might be of interest to those who felt the documentary worth the watch.

WikiLeaks Says That Peak Oil Could Be Coming Soon. Is It?

According to Ruppert, it has come and gone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Hi,

I'm interested to see what users here think of the following documentary:

Collapse (2009) (links to watch it can be found here)

I realise it's been out a while now, and had thought that it might have been discussed on boards already, but a search yielded no directly relevant threads. However, if anyone knows of a thread where it's been discussed already, I'm more than willing to be re-directed there.

You can find a synopsis of the film here, as quoted below:

Is there any where to watch it now ? That link just brought me to the trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Carra23 wrote: »
    Is there any where to watch it now ? That link just brought me to the trailer

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/collapse/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Jimmy the Wheel

Is it really going to be as bad as he makes out, what with the development of alternative/renewable energies?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

YES, Remember that the 'Renewables' currently only augment parts of an oil driven industrial process.

Advertisement