Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 corolla 90k miles. What should I look at replacing ?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

I have a 02 corolla 1.4 petrol which is going in for service soon. I am questioning what might need replacing now (as a routine to perhaps prevent hefty bills down the line!), given it's age. It has had dealer service up until now but it's now not worth it.

One item I have noted is that the belt on the engine (alternator?) appears to be a bit brittle on the 'toothy' part of the underneath side if looking from the top. I don't know how long these last but am quite sure it was never changed.

Never had a problem with the car other than having a new clutch fitted.

I had a corolla also years ago and could safely say it would have gone on forever...

Any experiences or info appreciated.

Comments

GArage will tell you if anything offer doing, aside from the belts you may need nothing aside from oil and filters

• Registered Users Posts: 73,404 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Water pump maybe, mechanic will tell you anyway.
    Pollen filter :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Is yours the pre 02 model or the post 02 model?

According to Toyota the coolant should be changed every 20k or 2 years, brake fluid should be every 2 years. Toyota don't give a specific interval for gear oil change but if your planning on keeing it long term I'd recommend having that done too.

imo your best is to have the car properly inspected to see what items it may need and go from there.

Advertisement