Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon - Please Help

Options
  • 06-02-2011 5:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭

hi. i got into the car this morning and it took 20 minutes with the heating full blast on the windscreen , to de-mist the windscreen. when that was done i drove for half an hour with the heating on and then stopped for half an hour.
    when i got back to the car , the windscreen was soaked on the inside again. no water on the dashboard, just alot of water on the glass on the inside.im close to breaking point at theis stage cos it has been lie this for a while. i dont think the heater is blowing as well as it should be, but i think theres more going on besides that. any help or would be really appreciated.

thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

pollen filter? wet footholds? lift up the bonnet...underneath the windscreen by the wiper motor there should be drainage holes, these get blocked with leaves and cause water to get in through the bulk head. there is probably water lying somewhere in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You either have a leak from outside into the car or possibly your heater matrix is leaking water into the car. Check all around the floor for any wet spots.
    You need to get to the bottom of this as depending on where the water is coming from, it could damage electronics meaning major costs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I seem to recall a problem with water ingress when I bought a Seat Leon a couple of years ago. I know our one had a problem that meant water got stuck behind the seal on the passenger door and eventually leaked into the cabin. I think there was a problem with drainage holes in the rear footwells aswell, seemed a common problem at the time.

I know my jeep has lots of water on the inside of the windscreen every morning but I think that is because its a leaky ball of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

if its a mk1 leon there are a few common leaks. as said all ready pollen filter can leak and let water into the passeger footwell.. the door seals can also leak.. check the carpets for water..
    check seatcupra.net for more info..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

there was a leak in the floor of it alright ,and we dropped it to main dealers last week to get it fixed. the leak appears to be gone, as the carpet isnt wet after the rain, puddles etc. but it seems to be worse than it was before it went in. where would i be able to locate the pollen filter? thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

If its a mk1 leon its going to be the leaking door seals!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If you have had something done with it, give it another while for all the moisture to leave the interior before worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

pollen filter is under the windscreen on the passengers side. 2 screws on the black plastic

cool. thanks lads. i had a job done on it last week and snce the rain started yeasterday, ive noticed this major problem with the water on the inside. and i have noticed water lodged in the door when i have opend it after rain.

i went at it today, and took out the pollen filter. it was dripping wet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement