Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where did you stay at Oideas Gael?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I want to go and do a week's course this summer. It looks good and the price is right, but where do I stay?
    I'm 62, female and will be alone. I'll be doing a beginners course. I'm sure I'll make friends but I don't want to stay with a family and I definitely want a single room ensuite.
    I also don't want to have to walk more than 5 or 10 minutes to get to the course/pub in evening. I was attracted by Aras Ghleann but a 2-mile coastal walk, no matter how beautiful, is not for me twice a day.
    There are a few suggestions on their site. I would be interested to know if anyone here has any experience of staying there.

Comments

I did a fair few courses there, and would suggest their "campus", it's right beside the college, and restaurant, and a short stroll to the pubs.
    I liked to stay above Roarty's pub myself, but the sessions going on until 3 or 4 might be bothersome to some people

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nbrome

Thanks dursey, I was slowly coming to that idea myself. I've found a few videos of the area on youtube, including of the school itself, but I haven't found one which shows you what is where in relation to what (if you know what I mean).

Advertisement