Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegans in Cork ?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 3:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hello,

Are there any vegans in Cork who would like to be part of a mailing list where we can exchange ideas and maybe meet up as a group from time to time?
    If so, can you please PM me your email address, or you can log on to the Vegan Ireland website and use the Contact button to send them an email - I have discussed this with them already - it would be like setting up the 'Cork Branch' of Vegan Ireland.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Serendipity99

The Cork Vegan group is now on Meetup.com, if anyone would like to join us. All are welcome!

We also have an email: corkvegans@gmail.com
    If you're a vegan living in the Cork area, you are encouraged to sign up for our mailing list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Threads merged.

sweet-rasmus

'Cork Vegans' also welcomes those with an interest in going vegan, so you don't have to be a fully fledged vegan to join us. It will give you an opportunity to try out some vegan food both in restaurants and in people's homes.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Is this the official Vegan Ireland website and the one you refer to?
    http://veganireland.vegaplanet.org/

Did you know that man that coined the word 'vegan' lived to the ripe old age of 95. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Watson

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Sorry about the delay - I did'nt see your post.

Yep - that's the official Vegan Ireland website alright.

I see you're in Munster? Well, if you're any where near Cork you can come and join us for one of our restaurant get-togethers. Look us up on Meetup.com. We'll be havin' another one in about a fortnight!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 ymclynn

Hi all

Having been veggie for years, now want to make the step over to Vegan.

I have been cutting out animal based foods for the past few weeks so want to know the following:
    Where to get substitute eggs for baking.
    A cookbook for easy meals or a healthy eating plan.

Any advice is welcomes

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

ymclynn wrote: »
    Hi all

Having been veggie for years, now want to make the step over to Vegan.

I have been cutting out animal based foods for the past few weeks so want to know the following:
    Where to get substitute eggs for baking.
    A cookbook for easy meals or a healthy eating plan.

Any advice is welcomes

Hey there,

Plenty of subs available for Egg, from standard egg replacer (available in loads of places) through to "Vegan Egg" which is available in holland and barret and loads of health food stores. Loads of Vegan cheese out there too, Dunnes and tesco both typically have a good range of Nature and Moi and violife. You also have loads of online resources too, plenty of Irish bloggers like Vegan mammy, tiny vegan kitchen and my personal fav Feoil free family (although I may be biased) :pac::pac:.

Online shopping I typically use https://www.veggie-shop24.com/ I'll buy a load of stuff at the start of the month and work through it, VEGO bars!!! buy as many as you can afford LOL.

Check out Vegan Ireland website for extra supports and links and also Vegfest is coming up soon in Griffith college. My advise is buy your tickets online as the queues will be CRAZY again this year.

Other than that feel free to ask away if you have any specific questions.

Where are you based? That will help people give you better advise!

BR

D

PS plenty of good Irish Vegan pages on Facebook too. Dublin Vegans, Bad Vegans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 abbiewindmill

Hi there,

I could recommend you look up aquafaba for egg replacing(check the 1st link on google) or the flaxseed w/ water, depending on what you want to cook.

I have been cooking vegan for the past 3 years and follow recipes more often from hot for food, minimalist baker, avantgarde vegan, oh she glows, thrivingonplants (youtube), lisalorles (youtube) and from here you can easily find recommendations for other channels. Each of them bloggers or channels are in their own style/preferances I could say, vegan recipes have a colorful taste palette.

Hope this helps.
    Dianne.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 marchmainhare

I just sent you a request, I'm moving to Cork soon and chill vegan meetups sound like a great way to get to know the city :D. I was wondering though, do you guys know of anywhere online I could search for vegan housemates in Cork?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I just sent you a request, I'm moving to Cork soon and chill vegan meetups sound like a great way to get to know the city :D. I was wondering though, do you guys know of anywhere online I could search for vegan housemates in Cork?

Maybe check here https://www.facebook.com/groups/825106724300382/
    or I believe there is a meetup.com page too

• Advertisement
Advertisement