Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty points - having them removed

Options
  • 06-02-2011 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if ye could settle a debate...

Is it possible to apply to RSA / Dept of Trans to have penalty points wiped?

Got two points for speeding in March 2009. No further indiscretions.

So in the same way those who have been banned from the road usually apply to the local garda superintendent after a period to have license re-instated, can the same be done for points.

Ta very much

S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

shar01 wrote: »
    Was wondering if ye could settle a debate...

Is it possible to apply to RSA / Dept of Trans to have penalty points wiped?

Got two points for speeding in March 2009. No further indiscretions.

So in the same way those who have been banned from the road usually apply to the local garda superintendent after a period to have license re-instated, can the same be done for points.

Ta very much

S.

No such luck, they expire automatically after 3 years. Touch wood I'll be point free in June, after being up to 8 at one stage. I got 4 in one sitting after the fine wasn't passed on to me from the fleet company

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Thanks for that.

Presumably another one of those urban myths!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

I got 2 on my Provisional

Got a full licence a few months later, Do they pass on to the new licence or do i start fresh?

Admittedly, it wa 2 years ago so their nearly up anyway, im just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

They would carry to a full licence ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

How do you know when your penalty points are wiped? Are you sent out a letter telling you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Testament1 wrote: »
    How do you know when your penalty points are wiped? Are you sent out a letter telling you?

yeh but you can check online too

Advertisement