Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost TAX Book

Options
  • 06-02-2011 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi All

The Misses lost the tax book of her car. have been taxing it on line so no problem but she wants to sell it now so we need to get a replacment book.

Do we need to get a new Registration book and RF 101 Vehicle Licensing Certificate /Registration Certificate ???

the car is 2002

I thought you had to send this to shannon but it says to your local tax office on here

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/ReplacementDocuments/

Will a garage take a trade in with no tax book if a new one has been applied for ????

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

You'll have to fill out a replacement log book form and get it stamped at your local Garda station and send it in for a new certificate

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes you need to send that form to Shannon.

No dealer will take a car with no reg cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Yes you need to send that form to Shannon.

No dealer will take a car with no reg cert.

Wrong.
    Not to Shannon, but to his local motor tax office.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

eiei0 wrote: »
    Hi All

The Misses lost the tax book of her car. have been taxing it on line so no problem but she wants to sell it now so we need to get a replacment book.

Do we need to get a new Registration book and RF 101 Vehicle Licensing Certificate /Registration Certificate ???

the car is 2002

I thought you had to send this to shannon but it says to your local tax office on here

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/ReplacementDocuments/

Will a garage take a trade in with no tax book if a new one has been applied for ????

Thanks

hey

ok so i used work in a car sales garage and this used crop up a lot..

what u need to do is get a duplicate cert.. the car has to be in ur name (or ur missus name) for you to get this..

go to the motor tax office ask them for a duplicate cert form (RF134) or else download it from www.motortax.ie then u need to go to the guards to get it stamped, take id like driving licence or passport to correspond with the name on the form then u send it to I THINK the tax office and it cost something like 12 euro from what i can remember, this was a few years ago so things may have changed a little..

hope u get it sorted.

the garage will still take ur car if u dont have it (more than likely) but they will hound u to get the duplicate... so better off sorting it out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Panic over we found the tax book.

Thanks to all for the info

T.

• Advertisement
Advertisement