Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some crazy people out there.

Options
  • 06-02-2011 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭

An article I read today.

A US woman tried to post a live puppy more than 1,100 miles.
    Stacey Champion attempted to deliver four-month-old Guess from Minneapolis to Atlanta, Georgia via air-mail as a present for a child, writing on the package: "This is for your 11th birthday. It's what you wanted."

Stunned postal workers opened the parcel when they saw it moving and heard panting – and were shocked to see the dog emerge from the box, which had no air holes.
    Police say it would have taken two days for the delivery to arrive at its destination, in which time Guess would died of suffocation, starvation, dehydration or been frozen as the plane reached a high altitude.
    Champion, 39, had told the post office clerk to "be careful" with the package and has subsequently been charged with animal cruelty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

:eek:!!! Thats HORRIBLE!! Some people are SO cruel :mad:
    Thank god the pup was saved. I hope that woman gets jailed for life, if not something much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

That is absolutely ridiculous, are people really that stupid.....really!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Ignorance holds no bounds I am afraid.

For example in China I have heard of a village girl being hired to look after an 8 month old baby and when it got sick on its self she decided to clean the little baby by putting it in the washing machine before the parents got home. It died and she was arrested.

Education does play a big part in civilized society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Jesus how stupid can someone be? At least I hope she is just stupid, and not an incredibly cruel person. Her punishment should be 48 hours in a box. One air hole, one bottle of water, nothing else. Except the Barney theme tune played over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

sotisme wrote: »
    :eek:!!! Thats HORRIBLE!! Some people are SO cruel :mad:
    Thank god the pup was saved. I hope that woman gets jailed for life, if not something much worse.

Oh ya, she deserves the chair!! :rolleyes: Its obviously a stupid thing to do but jail for life??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

What a great present that would have been for the 11 year old, a dead puppy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

It's the thought that counts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

That kid would have loved her,Dead puppy what a lovely gift.
    She is obviously sick in head in some way or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

srfc19 wrote: »
    Oh ya, she deserves the chair!! :rolleyes: Its obviously a stupid thing to do but jail for life??

Well she definitely shouldn't get away with it! Maybe jailed for life would be a bit harsh:P....but what she tried to do to that poor pup is just awful :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I think she needs to see a doctor and not jail time

Something nothing right about this women
    I don't think it was stupidity or cruelty that lead to this. Doubt she even understood what would happen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

Sounds to me like she is just really really incredibly stupid . . .

I wonder if the kid got her puppy in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

If the kid lives a 1000miles away from her or whatever...then why didn't she send the money for the pup to the person who is looking after the kid and tell them to get a local pup and say it's from her.....

Lordy! >.<

Advertisement