Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring to UPC from Smart Telecom in Apartment

Options
  • 06-02-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Greetings all,

I wonder whether it is possible to utilise the current existing LAN cabling system I have in my apartment (Smart Telecom) for the purpose of availing of the UPC service? If not, do I need to drill holes on the walls/ cables around the rooms?

I have been looking for information regarding same for last two days via net and the UPC technical support but could not find anything.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The short answer for television is an absolute no.

UPC will provide a single coaxial cable connection to your apartment. Your UPC equipment connects to that i.e. the set-top box for television service and the modem for broadband.

You could possibly use the LAN wiring in your apartment for delivering ethernet connectivity i.e. internet / VoIP phones etc. However, it would be totally impractical to deliver cable TV over a LAN and you will need coax to the television point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nobu

Solair,

Many thanks for your reply.

Nobu.

Advertisement