Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Was wondering if there is many pike going around the north-east area, or is it a bit to early yet, i know spawning for pike is around late march early april but is there any been caught around now? cause i wanna bring my nefews out next sunday, was just wondering if its even worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I was out today, had 5 pike to 10lbs, none under 5 lbs.
    Fished 3 rods from 12pm to 5:30 so I was happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

That heavy rain probably won't help!
    If we keep getting more during the week, next weekend would look far from ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 peter74

I was out today, had 5 pike to 10lbs, none under 5 lbs.
    Fished 3 rods from 12pm to 5:30 so I was happy.

If think these angling regulations are still on.
    • A person may not attempt to fish for pike or coarse fish in freshwater with more than two (2) rods at any one time.
    • A person may fish with not more than two rods at any time (Control of Fishing for Coarse Fish in Fresh Water Bye-law No. 595, 1977.).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

peter74 wrote: »
    • A person may not attempt to fish for pike or coarse fish in freshwater with more than two (2) rods at any one time.
    • A person may fish with not more than two rods at any time (Control of Fishing for Coarse Fish in Fresh Water Bye-law No. 595, 1977.).

Unless OP was north of the border.
    Yes that is indeed the law. 2 rods max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

:rolleyes:
    You would be correct... IF I was alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

:rolleyes:
    You would be correct... IF I was alone.

very true!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Rallymad

Always some rule watcher in this country ready to pounce are you so quick to react when you see FN,s putting big pike in a bag along with small pike and everything else that swims .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Too right, rules are there for a good reason, protect the fish, protect the sport.

Advertisement