Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best make of usb modem for mac?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

whats the easiest, more stable / reliable usb modem sierrawireless / huawei to be used with a mac? ( in terms of general operation and dashboard sw)

or would it be better to use the hotshot, device to save wear and tear on the usb ports?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

I suspect the answer is "Apple's own USB modem" but I don't fully understand your post. For example, what do you mean by "more stable"? More stable than what? Stable in what way? Doesn't fall over when stood on end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

:rolleyes: well in computery terms, stable normally means operates bug free, doesent crash, see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

When you say USB modem, do you mean a USB dongle? Such as what you get with mobile broadband? In that case, yes, a MiFi hotspot device is probably preferable for compatibility reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

When you say USB modem, do you mean a USB dongle? Such as what you get with mobile broadband? In that case, yes, a MiFi hotspot device is probably preferable for compatibility reasons.

hi there, was thinking the same myself so got the three, E585 from three, just literally after connecting the mac to it, working fine, saves wear and tear on the usb ports.

its an excellent little modem, hopefully the battery in it lasts long..

Advertisement