Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another one by done deal

Options
  • 06-02-2011 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/1871032

Charlie is a Male 15month old beautiful Cocker spaniel. I got charlie yesterday from Collon sanctuary in county Louth. I just fell in love with him. but unfortunately my cat who i have had for a long time does not like him at all. and I have to put the family cat first...

I was told his previous owner just left him out the back and did not show him any attention. he was BADLY matted i dont think he was ever groomed. i got him groomed and have before and after photos. I also did not get papers with him.

He is not neutered. He has had his vaccinations and is microchipped. I payed 65euro for him and it cost me 80euro to have him groomed as it took 3 hours to groom him.

I dont want to make a profit i just want to find him a good home as soon as possible as he seems a lovely dog who just wants love and attention.

please dont call me unless genuinely interested.

i WILL reply to texts.

thanks for reading. . for sale €150

I have reported the ad and emailed Collon Sanctuary. disgraceful

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Horrible!! What's the point of this!

'I don't want to make a profit' He bought the dog for 65 euro and is selling him for 150 quid :mad:

He was probably micro chipped and vaccinated by Collon sanctuary before he adopted and is just trying to make some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

They are meant to bring the dog back to the sanctuary if they dont want it anymore. Poor dog!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

if you get a dog from a rescue dont you (usually) have to sign a paper saying you will give it back to the shelter if you choose to surrender it?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

yip that is why i emailed them

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

I find it hard to believe Collon animal sanctuary would home a dog in that condition. My dog strayed some time ago and we finally found him in Collon sanctuary. It seemed to be really well run then and all the animals looked really well cared for - my dog certainly was :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bog Bunny

Looks like a scam to me. The timeline is not quite right, is it? Got the dog yesterday, had him clippped and groomed and all this and then already put the dog in the paper? Very fishy.

Don't all rescues / shelters neuter before re-homing?

It's probably the advertiser's own dog or it was stolen....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

He bought the dog for 65 euro and is selling him for 150 quid

She bought the dog as the contact name is Gillian.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/1871032

Charlie is a Male 15month old beautiful Cocker spaniel. I got charlie yesterday from Collon sanctuary in county Louth.

I was told his previous owner just left him out the back and did not show him any attention. he was BADLY matted i dont think he was ever groomed. i got him groomed and have before and after photos. I also did not get papers with him.

He is not neutered. He has had his vaccinations and is microchipped. I payed 65euro for him and it cost me 80euro to have him groomed as it took 3 hours to groom him.

I dont want to make a profit i just want to find him a good home as soon as possible as he seems a lovely dog who just wants love and attention.

thanks for reading. . for sale €150

I have reported the ad and emailed Collon Sanctuary. disgraceful

• Wouldn't the shelter most definitely have him neutered? Then again she could just be saying the dog isn't neutered to try and chance getting a sale
    • The before and after photos are probably from the shelters website or some other flippin dog photos on the internet!
    • Not trying to make a profit??? what the flip!:mad:
    Maybe email them again or try and ring the shelter.....they should know rightly who it was if the person only adopted the dog a few days ago.

Jaysus....wonder how many folks take out dogs of shelters to try and sell them on again :eek:

Shelters do home checks though and then few months later they normally check in on the dog again don't they? I mean what excuse will she give! Even if a rescue dog you adopted dies you have to inform the shelter...and possibly give some form of proof(like from vet) read that on one shelters website.

And wait a flippin minute......the dog and cat aint getting on after one day for god sake it takes time to adjust and get used to new surroundings :mad:

EDIT: Too late....says ad was "SOLD" 23 mins ago......

This is a complete feicin scam :mad::mad::mad:

i got an email early this morning from Collon to say they were looking into it. Just got an update now and apparently Charlie is back in the sanctuary. I reported the post to done deal but got nowhere with that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

i got an email early this morning from Collon to say they were looking into it. Just got an update now and apparently Charlie is back in the sanctuary. I reported the post to done deal but got nowhere with that :rolleyes:

So he was orignally theirs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Collon isn't exactly known for best practise ;).

RubyGirl wrote: »
    So he was orignally theirs?

yip looks like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

I know nothing about Collon, in fact never heard of it before but i cannot see on their website anything saying that they neuter, homecheck or have a return agreement. Maybe I am just missing that bit.
    Poor Charlie

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

a family i know a couple of yrs got a little lab x girl there. wasnt spayed or anything nor no home check. just went in and picked dog and of home with it. now this was maybe 3 yrs ago maybe they have changed their policy since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

Some rescues will rehome a dog before neutering/grooming etc. to a new home if they find one quickly. I assume they'd agree that the new owner would do all that. Not saying that's right or wrong, but I've heard of shelters that do that.

This does just sound like a scam, or just a stupid person.

a family i know a couple of yrs got a little lab x girl there. wasnt spayed or anything nor no home check. just went in and picked dog and of home with it. now this was maybe 3 yrs ago maybe they have changed their policy since then.

No, they haven't. Same old same old.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bullylover

My friend got a rottie x gsd from collon, male 9 mths, no home check and not castrated. That wasnt that long ago so defo hasnt changed.
    Dog was very under weight too.

ppink wrote: »
    I know nothing about Collon, in fact never heard of it before but i cannot see on their website anything saying that they neuter, homecheck or have a return agreement. Maybe I am just missing that bit.
    Poor Charlie

I just mentioned about that because on alot of the shelters websites I've checked all of them make sure the animals are neutered and the homechecks etc.

So this Collon place...basiaclly takes in dogs(maybe cats not sure?) and rehomes them for a fee....and the animals not neutered/dematted/microchipped etc....? Aint that kinda really wrong :confused:

Do they even take them to a vet??? Or are they simply a holding place :confused:

Money makes the world go round.... :(

IMHO it's no more a rescue/sanctuary than I am Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

EGAR wrote: »

But you've a cork accent remember?? :D

• Advertisement

I am a German Culchie with a Cork accent :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bullylover

as far as i know collon take in dogs cats rabbits and reptiles. I have been there and seen pb mosty non reg pups for sale (mental money). they have them in dog runs/ sheds. they have a small pet shop too.
    Im not sure but i think they take in wildlife too, i seen a fox and they have an emu (i think thats what it is) and geese,chickens and goats.
    They did have a linx but it died:/
    Dont know much about them, jst called in to have a goo.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

This thread will be closed soon, judging past experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Well in fairness it is a bit libellous :D. But if all the posters that mentioned the name of the "rescue" edited it out as we all know the name now ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

EGAR wrote: »

Not wishing to start a debate about it or anything but any kind of rescue centre is better than no rescue centre at all imho, the number of dead dogs i've seen lately on the motorway is shocking, I would assume dogs that were dumped and left to fend for themselves. Also the number of dogs, including purebreds, looking for homes at the moment as their owners can't afford to keep them is also very sad. This last week alone I was offered an 8 month old boxer, a 1 year old border collie, a 2 year old Siberian Husky and numerous mutts, a very sad state we're living in at the moment.

Ali Babba wrote: »
    Not wishing to start a debate about it or anything but any kind of rescue centre is better than no rescue centre at all imho, the number of dead dogs i've seen lately on the motorway is shocking, I would assume dogs that were dumped and left to fend for themselves. Also the number of dogs, including purebreds, looking for homes at the moment as their owners can't afford to keep them is also very sad. This last week alone I was offered an 8 month old boxer, a 1 year old border collie, a 2 year old Siberian Husky and numerous mutts, a very sad state we're living in at the moment.

Ahhhh no.

The reason there are so many dead dogs and unwanted dogs being dumped is BECAUSE of the animals not being neutered(and owners being twats). Decent rescue/shelters will ensure they are sorted so no future pups can appear and then be dumped!
    A so called "rescue" centre that doesn't just adds to the problem in my view.
    I mean they will give away all these non-neutered dogs and then the owner will have to go get them sorted(which they should anyway) but a hell of alot of people do NOT do this. Then the dog gets knocked up and boom whole pile of unwanted pups and so the cycle continues round and round and round.

Advertisement