Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's rugby in and around Ennis

Options
  • 05-02-2011 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Hi, a friend of mine from Brazil has recently moved to Ennis, she was wondering do Ennis RFC have a women's rugby team she could join or else do you know are there tag rugby leagues in Ennis?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi,

There's tag rugby in Ennis (http://www.tagrugby.ie/Venue-Information.aspx), I'm not sure of a ladies team however. I think most of the senior mens clubs in Limerick have a ladies team, I know that UL Bohes and Shannon definitely have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

the tag rugby will be starting up soon, think its mixed teams. i think you have to have a team or they charge you to find a tag rugby team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think they usually have a stragglers draw ever year, I've never heard of a charge, after all you have to pay to enter in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

ya i tried sighing up through the volvic tag rugby.had no team and they wanted 20e for me to be put on a list and 117e to find me a team. now that was 3 years ago. i cant see it on the site now

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭roseym

Tag rugby will be starting up in a few weeks time. Some might even be training already. Last year we trained unofficially on the Fairgreen at 7pm every Tuesday night for a little while before the league started up, and met up for training for a little while after the league ended as well. Most people weren't in set teams or anything in the beginning, people just turned up and joined in. Closer to the league starting up then people without teams put the word out in training that they were looking for teams and got asked to join certain teams and paid their membership at that stage.

Other than that I know Shannon def have a ladies rugby team because they were up "scouting" at the tag rugby last year.

Edited to say - tag rugby is mixed teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

roseym wrote: »
    Tag rugby will be starting up in a few weeks time. Some might even be training already. Last year we trained unofficially on the Fairgreen at 7pm every Tuesday night for a little while before the league started up, and met up for training for a little while after the league ended as well. Most people weren't in set teams or anything in the beginning, people just turned up and joined in. Closer to the league starting up then people without teams put the word out in training that they were looking for teams and got asked to join certain teams and paid their membership at that stage.

Other than that I know Shannon def have a ladies rugby team because they were up "scouting" at the tag rugby last year.

Edited to say - tag rugby is mixed teams.
    I know this is an old thread but was wondering if tag rugby is still on on Ennis, I'm thinking of joining up, this 32 year old female needs to get fit and have fun....

I've looked on tagrugby.ie but couldn't find anything for Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

I know this is an old thread but was wondering if tag rugby is still on on Ennis, I'm thinking of joining up, this 32 year old female needs to get fit and have fun....

I've looked on tagrugby.ie but couldn't find anything for Ennis.
    They're on facebook http://www.facebook.com/EnnisTagRugby.

The league is four weeks on already so I'm not sure if you'll find anyone looking for players but the fair green of a Tuesday is open to everyone so head down and you might get a team for the last few weeks. I know getting girls is an issue some weeks because there have to be three on the pitch at any one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

MyKeyG wrote: »
    They're on facebook http://www.facebook.com/EnnisTagRugby.

The league is four weeks on already so I'm not sure if you'll find anyone looking for players but the fair green of a Tuesday is open to everyone so head down and you might get a team for the last few weeks. I know getting girls is an issue some weeks because there have to be three on the pitch at any one time.

Cheers,

I do kickboxing on a tuesday, but i could change that to a thursday and do the tagrugby at the fair green on tuesdays...

thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Cheers,

I do kickboxing on a tuesday, but i could change that to a thursday and do the tagrugby at the fair green on tuesdays...

thanks..
    Sounds like a plan. Just bear in mind that the tag league is played Thursday evenings so that will put paid to joining a team. But at least you'll have two physical outlets per week. You also need to buy tag shorts. There are official ones you can buy but they're basically shorts with no pockets and a piece of velcro roughly an inch square sown to each hip.

Just saw on Twitter that Shannon Ladies are recruiting for next year

https://twitter.com/TracyL1/status/217931976433352704/photo/1

• Advertisement
Advertisement