Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubberbandits sell-out to Zamano

Options
  • 05-02-2011 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

The Rubberbandits have sold their soul to the real bad boys, Zamano.

http://zamano.com/Press/Default.aspx?y=2010&p=113

Zamano with numerous court cases in the UK and an expert in persuading people to sign up to their premium services using every scam in the book will be delighted that the Rubberbandit are helping them out. More access to kids mobiles for Zamano. Start building up that credit Rubberbandit fans.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Fair play. The band have to make a buck or two. YouTube views don't pay the bills and most bands have to look for ways of making money outside of CD and download sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

BrianD wrote: »
    Fair play. The band have to make a buck or two. YouTube views don't pay the bills and most bands have to look for ways of making money outside of CD and download sales.

100% agree.
    OP, what would you do in their situation - bearing in mind that these lads are almost full time at this gig and will probably have a very limited lifetime with the fame they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭HeavyRunner

Tying up with an unethical company like Zamano is not the way to go though. Scamming kids is not a good way to make money.

Tying up with an unethical company like Zamano is not the way to go though. Scamming kids is not a good way to make money.

Again, what would you do?

Also, I would suspect the content the rubberbandits produce is not for kids.
    The article also alludes to that fact.
    In fact I dont think anyone under a certain age can sign up to their content.
    I would also point out that there is parental responsibilty on parents to ensure their kids cant access this content and in the whole scheme of things that their kids dont waste money on these services.

If you an adult and you know the charges whats the problem?

I'm a big fan of the boys and the way they ran rings around Joe Duffy was a highlight of the year for me. Having said that I think they are a bit naive getting in with Zamano. That company are a bad egg and the more bad press they get the better. If adult's want to pay for these services , no problem.

To be honest I have an agenda in that I was scammed myself by Zamano and don't like their methods.

• Advertisement

I'm a big fan of the boys and the way they ran rings around Joe Duffy was a highlight of the year for me. Having said that I think they are a bit naive getting in with Zamano. That company are a bad egg and the more bad press they get the better. If adult's want to pay for these services , no problem.

To be honest I have an agenda in that I was scammed myself by Zamano and don't like their methods.

I am not a fan of them (zamano) either, hence I tend not to use them - not big into those type of "services" anyway.
    But these are plainly not aimed at kids, adults can make up their own minds, the lads make a bit of dosh, which in this climate is tough. I am sure if they had better offers they'd take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

BrianD wrote: »
    All of them realtone distributors are scammers. As said many times before they make their money by scamming kids. It's not like the rubberbandits need this money or they cant pay the rent. They already tour ireland constantly which definitely makes a lot of money for them.

Chewabacca wrote: »
    All of them realtone distributors are scammers. As said many times before they make their money by scamming kids. It's not like the rubberbandits need this money or they cant pay the rent. They already tour ireland constantly which definitely makes a lot of money for them.

Again, their (rubberbandits) stuff is NOT aimed at kids.
    Also, if you were in their position, what would you prefer. Months of touring ireland for a few eurons or a one off fee + commission for literally doing nothing more than they are now.........

I'm not saying the Rubberbandit's are targeting kids. But their stuff will end up being purchased by kids. It's just having Rubberbandits on Zamano web-site it a great coup for Zamamno as it gives them a bit of street cred. After all the court case's and reports of targeting of kids using 'sucker lists' Zamano were still able to persuade 2 children's charities to do business with them. So the boys are not the first to be duped.

I'm not saying the Rubberbandit's are targeting kids. But their stuff will end up being purchased by kids. It's just having Rubberbandits on Zamano web-site it a great coup for Zamamno as it gives them a bit of street cred. After all the court case's and reports of targeting of kids using 'sucker lists' Zamano were still able to persuade 2 children's charities to do business with them. So the boys are not the first to be duped.

How will it end up being purchased by kids? What age are you talking about here?
    Their material (uncensored) is not fit for kids and to be honest if kids are purchasing this stuff it is no ones fault but their guardians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

kippy wrote: »
    How will it end up being purchased by kids? What age are you talking about here?
    Their material (uncensored) is not fit for kids and to be honest if kids are purchasing this stuff it is no ones fault but their guardians.
    Get off that. Kids do listen to that stuff, a lot of them do, and if you don't think so you're living under a rock. And anyone should be able to buy whatever music they want, even if it's ****e. Censorship is the scorn of any art (if you can call the Rubberbandits 'art').

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It's only ****e downloads for saps ...i doubt anyone who has been a fan of the bandits thus far would be using that service?

Nailz wrote: »
    Get off that. Kids do listen to that stuff, a lot of them do, and if you don't think so you're living under a rock. And anyone should be able to buy whatever music they want, even if it's ****e. Censorship is the scorn of any art (if you can call the Rubberbandits 'art').

What age group are you talking about?

So you'd be happy to let kids purchase whatever they wanted? No censorhip at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

kippy wrote: »
    What age group are you talking about?

So you'd be happy to let kids purchase whatever they wanted? No censorhip at all?
    10+ I know they listen to that stuff, they did when I was that age many years ago, any crude humourous music like that, not me personally when I was that age, I was a somewhat sophisticated and mature child, though.

Around that age, of course I would be quite happy to, censoring them from the big 7 words that Frank Zappa and co. fought so strenuously to stop government and such from censoring out. They're only words after all, what are people so afraid of? Kids are smarter than what most people give them credit for.

Advertisement