Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is the unitiarin church on stephens green gay friendly ?

Options
  • 04-02-2011 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I've heard several good things about this church and its interactions with LGBTs. But what is the church like, if your gay lesbian bisexual or transsexual have you ever been to it. What was it like ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

are you lost??:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moving this from Television to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

I've heard several good things about this church and its interactions with LGBTs. But what is the church like, if your gay lesbian bisexual or transsexual have you ever been to it. What was it like ?
    Trans, I've been there, and I've been completely accepted. I didn't advertise that I'm trans, but I think it was deduced from the sound of my voice, and from the fact that I've been at their transgender day of rememberance ceremonies.

They are most definitely LGBT friendly - they love taking the p*ss out of the anti-LGBT stance of other denominations.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

eh the moonies are non gay friendly at all...look up moon the founder and see his views on gay people on wikipedia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

dcmma wrote: »
    eh the moonies are non gay friendly at all...look up moon the founder and see his views on gay people on wikipedia

LOL - "The Moonies" is the nickname for the Unification Church.

This discussion is about the Unitarian Church.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 blackcat123

dcmma wrote: »

You are thinking of the unfication church (not sure I spelled that right) they are different church please do your research.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Ah no need to be hard on them, the topic has kinda made a poor attempt at spelling it in fairness

Meesared wrote: »
    Ah no need to be hard on them, the topic has kinda made a poor attempt at spelling it in fairness

My spell deos suck I admit to that. But these two religious bodies have nothing to do with each other. I just can't stand it when people make statements when they haven't got all the facts or haven't double checked them.

Chill out :) people make mistakes, you for example spelt Unitarian wrong earlier :)

Chill out :) people make mistakes, you for example spelt Unitarian wrong earlier :)

Um...Didn't I just say my spelling deos suck ?

• Advertisement

And yes I have been spelling it deos instead of does

apparantly! :p

im just making a point to not make such an issue over others mistakes, when you make them regularly too.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Back on topic please, this isn't a thread for discussing other people's spelling and grammar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Back on topic please, this isn't a thread for discussing other people's spelling and grammar.

How many times did you check that before you clicked Submit? ;)

apparantly! :p

im just making a point to not make such an issue over others mistakes, when you make them regularly too.

I wasn't trying to. All I was saying that you should research your facts before you make a statement.

Yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ok DROP the spelling discussion.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement