Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

metallic paint - a must??

Options
  • 04-02-2011 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

hey im just wondering is metallic paint a biggie nowadays?
    im looking at a 2010 diesel auris at the mo and i hadnt considered the auris to be too attractive in the past but im quite taken with this white one i have seen, thing is it's not metallic paint .... would you buy a car this new without metallic paint .... especially a shiny white one?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

White looks great. If you like it, buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Why must a paint be metallic for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

My car is non metallic black. Looks better than metallic IMO when polished properly. Real depth in the paint that you dont get in metallic.
    White can look good at the minute but it will date I feel. Actually saw a white new 5 series Msport today that looked disgusting from the rear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

You're probably thinking about resale. I've never bought a car with resale being a factor. It will be your pride and joy so buy what you like and enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭fjireland

was just thinking will nonmetallic paintwork age well , like will it remain as glossy and stuff as it gets older, still white isnt gonna fade really is it? stupid question i guess:), thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Keep it well polished and it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Paint has come on a long way over the last 30 odd years. I remember my Dad buying a Carina II in Gold and specifying Metallic as he thought it would last longer, etc. These days, it's not really an issue - keep any car away from a brush wash, keep it regularly washed and waxed, and you'll have great paintwork for the life of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I like white in a car but if you have a pano roof it looks a lot better IMO. I like that red you get in the VW but you must keep it polished..

Advertisement