Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.F.O. @ Temple Mount, Jerusleum - 28th January 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GayBorg

If it were real & of physical significance ,whats that,be specific why is it important when it happens over israel...I mean does that tie in with any of your information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

GayBorg wrote: »
    If it were real & of physical significance ,whats that,be specific why is it important when it happens over israel...I mean does that tie in with any of your information.

What I mean by physically significant is that some bright object actually might have appeared but it's nature is unknown. Either that or it was some sort of hologram.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

it was an amazing video to watch, especially the vertical speed at which it took off. Makes you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

there was already another thread about this?
    someone posted to a link of a quite convincing video debunking of this in that thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

RGDATA! wrote: »
    there was already another thread about this?
    someone posted to a link of a quite convincing video debunking of this in that thread.

I actually saw that video but it only helped debunk one of the clips not the others that are emerging now. I understand the same logic could be applied but there's something more realistic about the new clips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

There have been hundreds of eyewitness reports and numerous video clips of a bright object that appeared over the Dome of the Rock at the Temple Mount in Jerusalem on the 28th January 2011. Normally I would regard myself as a highly skeptical person when it comes to such sightings but given the substantial amount of evidence I'm beginning to believe that something of physical significance did indeed occur. If it wasn't real than I have to say that it was one of the best orchestrated UFO hoaxes I've ever seen.

I'd like to get further opinions on the sighting.

Each of the following videos were recorded from different angles;

Link to the eyewitness reports? All I've seen is it being widely debunked on various sites due to not only the footage in question but also the source i.e. a known UFO hoaxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

These videos, especially the 3rd one have already been debunked.

One of the reasons they have been debunked is that there have been NO eyewitness reports.

Sorry but this is a hoax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

I agree. My first thought was that it was something like this:
    Six-Rotor-RC-Helicopter.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Possibly a lesson here for people who are very quick to believe what most people find totally implausible?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Lets just use our critical brains here and pick apart why this is a hoax!

1. I've used software that can recreate this easily. until aliens are being interviewed by Oprah I'm not gonna fall for it.

2. If it was a U.F.O then the beings... that created it would be highly intelligent and therefore have no interest in a holy building. To me this is such a give away! Why would aliens visit a bloody church!

Reeks of a viral!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Possibly a lesson here for people who are very quick to believe what most people find totally implausible?
    Welcome our new alien overlords to Conspiracy Theories :pac:

Lets just use our critical brains here and pick apart why this is a hoax!

1. I've used software that can recreate this easily. until aliens are being interviewed by Oprah I'm not gonna fall for it.

2. If it was a U.F.O then the beings... that created it would be highly intelligent and therefore have no interest in a holy building. To me this is such a give away! Why would aliens visit a bloody church!

Reeks of a viral!

Firtsly I'm not saying this is real, any high end package can re-create such an event today, that doesn't say that this is a fake just becuase we can fake it.

what has 'intelligence' got to do with visiting a holy building, your comment makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

johndoe99 wrote: »
    what has 'intelligence' got to do with visiting a holy building, your comment makes no sense.

If they are real visiters from another world, and have mastered how to travel across the stars, then their science would be lightyears ahead of ours. A being a superior race, they would clearly have the intelligence to know that gods/religions are nothing but fairytales.

In the words of Hawkins, if aliens ever came here, it would be like when the Spanish found central America... disaster!

you mention visitors from another world. UFO just means "Unidentified flying object", this does not mean "aliens", it just means that no-one has offered an air-tight solution to what it was and that that no-one has claimed responsibility for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Im not so sure about those videos. The most "convincing" videos I have seen claiming to be footage of UFO's were released by the Mexican air force/ government apparently the first time any government anywhere have officially come out claiming to have filmed/followed actual UFO's. Are they genuine? Maybe/ maybe not but interesting nonetheless.
    These videos have allegedly been "debunked" aswell the story goes that they are not UFO's but oil rigs on fire????

Anyway here are the videos....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

At 0:10 there are a few of those lights "flying" in close formation. My immediate reaction is that they are a group of lights on the ground that, due to being further away than the clouds, appear to move . But it is the clouds that are moving backward, relative to the camera, not the lights moving forward or with the camera. It's the same illusion that makes my 4 year old ask why the sun or moon is following us down the road as we drive along.

Also, the bit where the light flies in front of the cloud is simply due to it shining through the thinner part of the cloud. Notice how it flies behind the thicker cloud? Thats because its on the ground! Like most other ground based lights!
    Now, later in the video we are told that the camera is level with the ground due to the zero on the left of the screen. The author of the video failed to recognise the crosshairs in the centre of the screen. The horizontal one is the one pointing to the angle the camera is at. It points to about 30 degrees down.

The OP video of the light coming down to the dome is most probably one of these multi rotor rc helicopters:
    x4-four-rotor.jpg
    Look them up on youtube and see how fast they can climb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

the original Jerusalem UFO has now been definitely shown to be a hoax. Effects of the video processing software are clearly seen

http://www.space.com/10789-jerusalem-ufo-hoax.html

Advertisement