Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Acceleration Lag - Honda Accord

Options
  • 04-02-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I drive a 2.2l Honda Accord diesel. I had issues prior to Christmas with the coil light coming on but a change of the fuel filter sorted that out.

However, one problem that hasn't gone away is the acceleration lag. When I am in first gear, the car is very slow to accelerate away from a stopped position. Once I get the car moving and go from 2nd gear upwards, there is no problem. It just seems to be in first gear the issue is.

This is quite dangerous in terms of crossing roads or pulling out onto roundabouts. Any suggestions as to what I could do to fix it. The garage I took it to didn't seem to solve the problem - he gave me a bottle of Dipetane to add to the fuel but this has not solved the problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Turbo problems seem to be a problem with diesel accords. I have a similar problem, intermittently, usually in second to fourth gear, accelerating. Cleaned out EGR valve but that wasn't the problem.

My turbo was replaced last april but still happening, got glow lights a couple of times since but just switch off ignition for a while and it goes out of limp home mode and light usually goes out after a couple of days.

Still haven't found the solution, and most of the time it works grand, so I don't know what next.

BTW make sure you use a genuine honda fuel filter and 0w30 oil to keep it running properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭taintabird

I drive a 2.2l Honda Accord diesel. I had issues prior to Christmas with the coil light coming on but a change of the fuel filter sorted that out.

However, one problem that hasn't gone away is the acceleration lag. When I am in first gear, the car is very slow to accelerate away from a stopped position. Once I get the car moving and go from 2nd gear upwards, there is no problem. It just seems to be in first gear the issue is.This is quite dangerous in terms of crossing roads or pulling out onto roundabouts. Any suggestions as to what I could do to fix it. The garage I took it to didn't seem to solve the problem - he gave me a bottle of Dipetane to add to the fuel but this has not solved the problem.

Did you check the air filter? also is it smoky under acceleration ?

Advertisement