Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs Noses

Options
  • 04-02-2011 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Ive noticed ove the last month or two that my dogs nose has gone from being pure black in colour to a light shade of brown. Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

What kind of dog is it?

Sounds like ye olde snow nose to me.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/diseasesconditionsfaqs/f/snow_nose.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭memomy

Shes a Maltese! so it is a fairly common thing then? As long as her nose doesnt end up falling off I dont mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

It's also known as dudley nose. Don't worry, it's just a change in pigmentation, nothing to worry about, so long as you don't intend to show your dog. It's very common. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭memomy

boomerang wrote: »
    It's also known as dudley nose. Don't worry, it's just a change in pigmentation, nothing to worry about, so long as you don't intend to show your dog. It's very common. :)

Well thats good news :D I certainly don't have any intention to show the dog that's for sure. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭luvdogs

adding a pinch of seaweed powder to her feed will help bring the pigment back too!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement