Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Buggy/pram?

Options
  • 04-02-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I know there will be a few people out there who will think Im crazy but Im seriously considering getting one :rolleyes: would love opinions!
    Anyone seen or know anyone with one?? My dog Max is 13 this year and he's still going strong, in fact compared to friends dogs who are younger (4 and 7) Max is mental and has many years left at the way he's going! However he does have arthritis can get quite tired on walks, 15 mins or so and hes tired and hes a big ish dog 25kg and when i have tired to go on longer walks Im so terrifed his hips could give way (they have) and carrying him would be just out of the question. Ive no problem walking him around the estates its just I dont want him to be bored , he LOVES going to the phoenix park and the park near us so i was thinking... dog buggy! He gets tired he hops in and we can keep walking and if he wants to get out he can if not he can enjoy the smells and view...... Would I be mad??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Definitely not mad, OP! I saw a dog buggy in Petstop in Cork a few months ago. They have a branch in Dublin too. Might be worth trying there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I don't think you're mad at all, I think its lovely that you want him still to have quality of life:D

I can't help you, but I'm sure someone on here will be able to point you in the right direction, or maybe ask Dog Training Ireland in Blanchardstown, they may know where you could get something, they have a lot of contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

filo87 is correct - they have them in Petstop Blanchardstown. There is a new one in Swords but I don't know if they have them there, you could always call.

That is so sweet that you are looking at options to help him, instead of just letting him away with his excercise.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭keaves

Aw im glad no one thinks im crazy :p I think im going on a trip to petstop so!! im actually really excited ha! Thanks everyone, if you see someone in the park with a rather large unusual buggy come say hello it might just be me and Max! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Fair play to you Keaves thats all i have to say. Yeah you will definitely get "looks".Ill probably be one of those who will look and wonder, ive never seen it before.But thats ok ;) Its normal for people to stop and stare at things we've never seen before.

Its absolutely brilliant and you truly are the epitome of a great dog owner who understands that they can get quality of life even if they're not "perfect". Best of luck and come back and post pics ;)

Hahahaha cant wait for the "looks" ;) ill def upload photos, may take him some time to get used to it but sure we'll give it a go! If not still come say hello to the crazy girl pushing an empty giant buggy with a bewildered dog by her side :cool: im gonna look so cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

ha yes when I saw the thread title I thought what a loony wanting to put her dog in a pram?!:D

after reading your post, I think it's a great idea!

also reminds me of something that happened recently to a girl I know...

...her dad was out walking their two dogs, one of which is 14years old and suffers from arthritus. they were about a 15min walk from home when the poor girls legs just went from under her. he couldn't get her up and couldn't carry her home so he tied her leash around a tree and literally ran home with the other dog, got the car and drove down to the woods where he'd tied her up to discover that she was gone!
    he started freaking out, calling her name and a few mins later found a woman with the dog.
    she thought the dog had been abandoned and called GSPCA!:eek:

I don't know what the story with the collar was

so basically, no, I (now!) don't think you're mad to get a dog buggy!
    It's a very sweet and thoughtful idea:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭wopper10

Great Idea I know a woman who bought one for the exact same reason. She got hers in Mollys pet Boutique in Dun Laoghaire they have a website too. She was really happy with it. Poor westie is dead now though :(

Just a wee update, MY GOD I never thought it would be so difficult to get a dog buggy! Cus hes old and his hips are bad and I cant be lifting him I wanted one low to the ground and big enough for 25kg dog. Theres great ones in america but they wont ship here, they were expensive but i saw it as a good investment. So ive decided to give it a go at making one, it seems easy enough, :rolleyes::rolleyes: havnt had much spare time at the mo so ive only done some sketches ( based on one in america) but ive got a plan! Will update with photos of my efforts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Have you tried Ebay?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PET-GEAR-AT3-ROADSTER-PET-STROLLER-/110643653852?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item19c2e02cdc#ht_556wt_859
    This buggy is for larger dogs and quite low to the ground. They deliver to Northern Ireland so it might be worth ringing and asking if they would deliver to Dublin?

Advertisement