Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Poo Dangers

Options
  • 04-02-2011 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi
    Was just wondering if anyone would have some info on the dangers of dog poo being left in the garden for long periods of time? There is a garden overlooking the park I walk in and the poor dog is left there 24/7 in the garden covered in dog poo.
    I've been told by neighbours that the garden is cleaned 2 - 3 times a year by a relative who comes to visit. The owner does not walk the dog at all. It does have a kennel and water left out but this cannot be a good environment for a dog to live in.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I can't comment on the Dog Poo, but one of our neighbors has a big dog, an he's kept in half the garden, didn't seem to be walked much, we called the DSPCA about it and they said as long as the dog has shelter and food/water then there's nothing they can do (breaks my heart they don't have more power)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yogi_Bear

I'd think that unhealthy surroundings could result in an unhealthy dog. If there are worms & other nasties in the poop, and if the poop isn't removed on a regular basis then chances are the dog could re infect himself and other dogs too.

Why do some people have dog at all if they're either not prepared to or are unable to tend to its most basic needs? It never ceases to amaze me! :confused:

Advertisement