Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McLaren MP4-26 launched in berlin

Options
  • 04-02-2011 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

put together on the spot. check out the side pods:eek: and the air intake. looks alot nicer from the side, dont know whether i love it or hate it

146529.jpg

146530.jpg

146531.jpg

146532.jpg

146544.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

235788626.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1296824465&Signature=9xftLlMg8rxRO1stxh%2B7TGxu02s%3D

very flat nose

sidepod shape looks extreme

interesting outer opening on top of engine cover

scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=1qeru.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

It's either going to run like a lame dog or a thouroughbred. I reckon if it's fast, it will be really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

The second opening on the top of the engine cover is for hydraulics cooling, confirmed by Tim Goss.

The sidepods kind of look like some sort of mashup of the Benetton B195 and Ferrari F310's!

ferrari_f310_large_24509.jpg

It looks really interesting, can't wait to see what kinda of pace it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭lolie

that ferrari was one ugly looking car. the 2009 mclaren reminded me of it a bit.

who said driving an f1 car was easy146559.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Very elegant looking car from the side, those side pods make it dam ugly from the front though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Mmmm. Does look slippery though. I like it, especially the side view.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Mmmm. Does look slippery though. I like it, especially the side view.

+1 - looks slippery, but it does look a bit ugly...and we'll get it all in HD!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I like it, very toned shape to it :D

like it evolved from a formula ford with the sidepods only half there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

From the side it looks gorgeous but from the front it looks awful imo. Still,looks matter little if she's fastest on the track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I like it and i hope it beats Ferrarri :D

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

I really like the look of the new car. Stands out form the rest and hopefully will be very far in front of the rest as well.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭lolie

-gilly-09- wrote: »
    I really like the look of the new car. Stands out form the rest and hopefully will be very far in front of the rest as well.:D

hopefully not;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It's only now looking at one of the pictures posted on the F1 site, that I really do feel that the new McLaren looks really weird: http://www.formula1.com/wi/597x478/sutton/2010/dcd1118fe105.jpg

It all just looks so... missing!

Advertisement